We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this quick itinerary possible?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
Is this quick itinerary possible?

I will be in Sevilla for 6 weeks but my husband will only be there for 1 week. During that week we want to go to Gibraltar, Nerja, Granada, Cadiz and Jerez. So, Cadiz & Jerez are not a problem - day trips. However - I am thinking that we can do the other 3 places in 2 days. Our objective for each place is: Gibraltar - lunch with friends and the rock/monkeys, Nerja - just to see a beach on the costa del sol side (since we will spend a whole day in Cadiz) and Granada - see the Alhambra. With that in mind, do you think this itinerary will work?

6:00 or 7:15 am Sev to Algiceras - bus

10:00 or 11:15 am Algiceras to La Linea - bus

Walk across to Gib, Spend the day with friends

4:30 or 5:45 pm La Linea to Malaga - bus

8:30 pm Malaga to Nerja - bus(arrive around 10 pm)

Overnight in Nerja, go out that night, spend the morning and lunch there

2:30 pm Nerja to Granada - bus

4:30 pm Taxi to Alhambra

8:30 pm Bus back to Sevilla

Thank you for any advice!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is this quick itinerary possible?

Personally I'd skip Jerez or Cadiz to add the day in Granada. Two days isn't really enough for Sevilla, especially when one day will likely be jet-lagged.

Better yet, I think you have a total of 4 days in Sevilla so why not just wing the day-trips? If you want to visit the sherry bodegas in Jerez a few (Gonzalez Byass, for example) don't require advance reervations and there's really nothing you need to reserve in advance for Cadiz. You don't really need to book the Sevilla/Jerez or Sevilla/Cadiz transportation in advance either. If you feel up to 1 or 2 daytrips, great - or you may not end up doing either and staying in Sevilla. You'd have the flexibility - which I love in my trips.

I totally understand wanting to visit your friends in Gibralter. Last month I spent a weekend in a small farming community Palma del Rio (between Cordoba and Sevilla) visiting a friend. It's way off the beaten tourist path and there's not a whole lot going on but it was great seeing the city and the area with a local.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is this quick itinerary possible?

Is there a reason why you haven't selected Cordoba as a daytrip from Sevilla?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Is this quick itinerary possible?

CathyDM - I think you have the best idea about not scheduling Cadiz and Jerez. Since I will be there for 5 weeks before my husband gets there I can explore different daytrip places and then pick which he might enjoy most. I don't know why I didn't think of this. I guess I am just trying to have the side trips all planned out for when he gets there. Thank you for all your suggestions. Everyone on TA has been such a wealth of info for planning this trip.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is this quick itinerary possible?

I'd do four days.

1 to Cadiz

1 to Gibraltar

2 to Granada

Why Nerja and Jerez? Is there something specific you want to see or is it just that they are interesting Spanish towns? For me, Seville is the most interesting town of all and you could end up regretting taking time out of there to do a whistlestop tour of another town.

15. Re: Is this quick itinerary possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 05:35