We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alameda de Hercules - Seville

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
66 posts
380 reviews
Save Topic
Alameda de Hercules - Seville

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are staying on Alameda de Hercules at the end of the month (to see U2 :-) )

I have read since booking that it is an 'altenative' area, is it safe and an ok part of town to stay in?

Also, what would be the best roof top bar in the city?

Thanks a million

Simon

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alameda de Hercules - Seville

Over the years they have rebuilt that whole area, from what l have heard it is a o.k. place to stay. But like any big city be smart and don't let your guard down. You will have a wonderful time in Seville, and l would love to see U2. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alameda de Hercules - Seville

The Alameda used to be the red light district of Seville, but in the past decade or so it has been gentrified and is now a hip, very cultural area, around a pedestrianised huge square with lots of bars, restaurants, hip shops, etc. It is well located for the shopping district and only a fifteen minute walk from the monuments. Expect to see a little bit of red light commerce going on some little streets around it late at night, though, but nothing to be worried about, and it is perfectly safe.

As for the rooftop bar, the Eme hotel next to the Giralda has amazing views, good music, excellent mojitos -for 12 euros...very expensive- but horrible service. It is worth going if only just once, though. The Doña Maria hoterl has a very good view fron the terrace, but it is a classic terrace, not so hip. The Fontecruz hotel also has a rooftop bar but I still haven't tried it.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alameda de Hercules - Seville

It's fine. The Alameda is always busy, with lots of pavement cafes and events, even in the early hours of the morning, which tends to keep it safe. Think Brighton - perhaps a slightly more colourful mix of people than you might find elsewhere - but not a place to be concerned about.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
66 posts
380 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alameda de Hercules - Seville

Thank you so much for your replies, you've been very helpful.

S

5. Re: Alameda de Hercules - Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 05:17