We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cannot find lodging during holy week

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cannot find lodging during holy week

Going to Spain in less than 3 weeks and will be in Seville 4/20-4/23. We were planning to stay with friends originally, but something came up and now they can't make it back to Spain in time. We've been frantically looking for lodging, but because of the popularity of holy week events, we haven't been able to find anything decent -- either far too expensive or just horrible. We're really worried and stressed out now... Could anyone recommend anything that's around 100 euro, non-smoking and in a good neighborhood?

Edited: 28 March 2011, 22:29
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cannot find lodging during holy week

Did you try a search on TA? Unfortunately you're in a bad position - a budget of 100 euro is tight even without the short notice.

Did you try the Hosteria Dona Lina? I wouldn't normally recommend it but the location is great. In a pinch if I was desperate I'd give it a try. I stayed one year and the rooms were small and in need of refurbishing - not horrible but not exactly good either. They have doubles for 110 euros (if available).

http://hlina.com/eng/hosteria.html

You may have to consider staying in Cordoba or Jerez and doing daytrips to Sevilla. It would be a shame to miss staying in Sevilla but the processionals in these cities are supposed to be very nice and they're great places to visit in their own right.

You may also want to keep checking hotels in the chance someone has a last minute cancellation.

I'd not be very happy with my friends in Seville at this point either ;)

London, England
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cannot find lodging during holy week

I think you will find it difficult at this late stage to find accommodation in Seville. You could try hotel booking agencies that may have some rooms available, but they are going to be costly.

As the previous poster has said, you may have to stay outside Seville, which isn't the best scenario.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cannot find lodging during holy week

Try this for availability, but I also suspect your budget is tight -

www.hotelscombined.com/?currencyCode=EUR -

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cannot find lodging during holy week

Have you tried to book this one:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187443-d272711…

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cannot find lodging during holy week

you can try websites like booking.com, venere.com or expedia.com

6. Re: cannot find lodging during holy week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 06:18