We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with arrival and getting around

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
310 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Help with arrival and getting around

Hi, I just have a seemingly simple question, that is nearly impossible to find online, or at least I haven't been able to do so in the last hour.

I am going to be arriving via train from Malaga, which I have come to find arrives at the Santa Justa station. I am planning on doing the bus tour around the city, which has the main stop at Torre Del Oro.

My question is, I was hoping to just take a quick bus or train between the two but can't seem to find one. Any help in getting between these two points would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
521 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with arrival and getting around

The nearest bus is the C1 or C2 to Prado de San Sebastian. From there, it is a short (5-10 minute) walk along to Torre del Oro. Alternatively, if you can pick up the tour at any point, the tour bus stops at Plaza de Espana, which is even closer.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with arrival and getting around

At Santa Justa station you can walk from the main entrance across the taxi rank through the parked cars to the bus stop and take a C-1 bus that runs from right to left as you look out from the station. This circular bus will take you to Prado de San Sebastian which is a park close to the tram link into the centre of the old city of Seville. If you walk across the park to the other side in the direction of Plaza de Espana you should see the tour buses.

I think that there are two tour buses - one red and one green. The green bus itinerary etc is shown on Here:

www.busturistico.com/index.php?language=en

and the Red bus tour is here:

www.city-sightseeing.com/index.phtml…

You can find the city bus information (Itinerary) in Spanish for the C-1 on here : http://www.tussam.es

or you can open :

infobustussam.com:9005/tussamGO/index.jspx

and scroll down to C-1 on right side to show the route. The stop you need to get off is CARLOS V, AV. (6.DIR PASARELA)

I think that the main attraction of Seville must be the old city areas and of course the bus tours do not run through these areas. Only the surrounds.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with arrival and getting around

As Cadiz lover suggests, you won't really see the most attractive bits of Sevilla from the tour bus. Presuming you are only here for the day, but are reasonably mobile, couldn't you leave your luggage at the station and walk into town..its not very far at all..

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with arrival and getting around

Agree with the above post, we did the bus tour last week and it was very disappointing €16 per person (green bus - €17 for the red bus) and the illuminated and romantic tours don´t actually start until it gets dark so if you are only there through the day you will have about an hour on the bus. Although you pass many of the sights, a lot are hidden by the trees - you can´t see Plaza Espana at all from the bus unless you get off. A lot of time is spent around Expo which has quite a few empty buildings that look in need of renovation.

You are best off walking around, there is loads to see and the best way is to get up close.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with arrival and getting around

A cab straight from the train station to the Cathedral won't cost as much as a tour bus and then you'll be right where you want to be to start your visit.

6. Re: Help with arrival and getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 17:15