We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

My 21 year old daughter is attending a course in Seville in September. She is flying to Seville airport and will need to get to the city centre to her accommodation. If I was with her we would probably consider the train or bus but as she will be on her own I would prefer her to get a taxi. Any ideas of the cost and how easy it is to get a taxi at the airport. Should she agree a price before she gets in?

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Treasure Coast of...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187443-s301/Seville:…

This should give you all the help you need, good luck and have fun. Hubie

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,923 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

The previous message gives the answer. The taxi drivers at Seville airport have a small print out of the official tariff in the car and in my experience they do not play games. Fare is around Euros 22 or so depending on any extra luggage and time. So allow maximum 25.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,376 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

We checked the price with the driver before we got in the car.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
991 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

I doubt that you will have a problem. It is not worth a taxi driver losing his license trying to rip you off.

If you do think that you have been overcharged, get a receipt from him and tell him that you will be lodging a complaint at the town hall. I would not bother doing that if I were you but it should scare him.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

My advice:

When you get in the taxi, always say that you are going to need a receipt. This will ensure the price is right.

I have had two major incidents. The first one, they charged me 38 euro (two people and two suitcases on a Saturday afternoon) from the airport to the centre of the city.Rip off.

Second incident. The taxi driver run off with my laptop bag. Thank God another taxi driver gave me his licence number, and it was eventually sorted - with the help of the police, of course.

Hence, always ask for a receipt. 'Un recibo por favor'

By the way, I am not jinxed. I just fly to Seville once a month.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,923 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

Being overcharged as much as that seems very unfortunate indeed. The driver must have lost at cards whilst waiting at the airport where I always seem to see hundreds of taxis waiting.

Second incident.- it reads almost as though the driver actually stole your laptop bag deliberately ? Had you just forgotten not to take it out of the taxi and luckily remembered as the car drove off and with the help of another taxi driver managed to have your bag returned ? Am a bit confused by your "run off with my lap top" comment .....

And you fly once a month and presumably take taxis in Seville as well ?

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
55 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

In my experience taxi drivers in Seville almost always try to rip you off.

I've lived here for over 18 years and dread getting into taxis because of the inevitable argument over the fare at the end of my ride, since I know more or less what it should be. Once a taxi driver even tried adding 3 euros to my fare on the way back from the vet's with my cat and when I called him on it he made some feeble excuse about the meter being broken.

If you are foreign and have luggage you will almost certainly get ripped off. I've heard of people being charged 40 euros or more from the airport.

Asking for a "recibo" doesn't really help because so many drivers carry fake receipt books without the stamp on the pages, so it's not an official receipt.

I always advise people to write down the address of where they are going along with the flat rate airport fare (21.27€ Mon-Fri / 23.72€ Sat-Sun-holidays) and hand it to the driver before getting into the taxi. The airport fare INCLUDES luggage, so when they haul out a price list showing they can charge 45 cents per case you are not obliged to pay this.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,923 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

juntadeandalucia.es/boja/…d7.pdf

published January 2011 shows tariffs. unsure if there have been updates since then.

In above message there is no mention of surcharge during Semana Santa and Feria time and this needs correcting as it is clearly shown. I seem to recall that fares have not changed much at all for at least 2 or maybe longer years. Meanwhile fuel prices have rocketed. Maybe taxi drivers feel badly treated by the Seville authorities ? No excuse for flouting the tariffs. But maybe one day it will be possible to obtain a very accurate download that could be printed off or stored as proof of the fares.

Edited: 03 December 2011, 14:07
Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
9. Re: Cost of taxi from seville airport to city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2012, 10:15