We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville to Cadiz day trip?

Athens
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Seville to Cadiz day trip?

How far s Cadiz from Seville?Are there any day tours that go there or is it something we can do by bus on our own??

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,660 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville to Cadiz day trip?

It is about 130 kms and can be reached by bus or train. The train is comfortable and there are different types of train available. The normal 'commuter' one is called Media Distancia and the journey takes about 1 hour 50 minutes. The line passes through Jerez and El Puerto de Santa Maria. Cadiz station is close to the main sights like the cathedral and there is a red bus double decker tour bus that does a circuit Hop On Hop Off tour of the city. The tourist people offer help with walking tours you can follow as well.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville to Cadiz day trip?

We had a rental car and drove it, easy peasy and underground accessible parking right by the tourist office. The walking tours are easy to follow with colored paint on the sidewalks.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,749 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville to Cadiz day trip?

Old town Cadiz is very beautiful area and Cadiz has some great beaches also. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville to Cadiz day trip?

you can go by bus or train VERY easily. they both take about the same amount of time and cost the same... the bus might be a little faster and a little cheaper. it's a lovely city (i'm temporarily living there now so i might be biased) and deserves a day if not more. i would highly recommend it!

http://hola.coreybyrnes.com - my photo journal from sevilla

Manchester
Level Contributor
142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seville to Cadiz day trip?

As coreyb says the bus is slightly cheaper and slightly quicker than the train.

A word of warning if you decide to take the train from Seville. The train on the return journey may be fully booked!! Book your seat on this as soon as possible. With an open return ticket (15 days) you still have to go to the ticket office for your return ticket/seat. If it is fully booked the bus does leave, on the hour I think, from just outside the station in Cadiz back to Seville.

Athens
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seville to Cadiz day trip?

Bus sounds easier!! Many thxs!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,660 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seville to Cadiz day trip?

Seville-Cadiz bus times :

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_13.htm

Just a mention about comfort. If you have long legs the train is infinitely more comfortable. The MD train can be caught in Seville at San Bernardo station which is easily reached now by the tram (or metro or local bus).

8. Re: Seville to Cadiz day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 08:18