We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Garages?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
330 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Garages?

I'm staying in a hotel in the Alameda neighborhood and they apparently send guests to the Plaza de la Concordia garage, which cost 20+ euros a day, which seems a bit high, and it's not even conveniently located. Can you someone recommend any other parking garages in Alameda?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,298 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Garages?

Cars and the centre of Seville do not work.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
berkshire, england
Level Contributor
537 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Garages?

Agree with Cadiz lover, but if a car is necessary, take a look at the streets around the top of the Alameda on google maps. There are cars parked everywhere, and I can't see any sign of parking restrictions. It might take a bit of a search for a place, and there is the obvious risk of leaving the car in the street.

Mentioned in this post
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
New York, NY
Level Contributor
330 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Garages?

Cadiz_lover, I understand your aversion to cars, but I think your statement is too general and too negative.

Firstly, as much as I wish I can depend solely on trains, I do need to have a car, especially as I plan to spend a lot of time on my Spanish vacation exploring the remote countryside. Trying to introduce rail, partially or fully, to the methods of transport introduces significant hurdles, logistically and financially.

Secondly, as difficult as I understand Seville to be, I think having a car will be fine, despite any challenges related to parking. I don't worry about driving in difficult places (in fact welcome it sometimes) because I am a very experienced and adventurous (but safe) driver that has driven in some intensely challenging cities - Arles (France), Rome, Cairo, New York, and elsewhere. I've even managed to find some great street parking in the most intensely narrow and limited spaces you can imagine.

So I'm optimistic for Seville and just in case, the hotel has just provided me with specific directions that have turned out to be quite simple coming in from A-66 in the north. I was able to track these step-by-step using Google Maps and Street View, and actually feeling pretty good now that my car trip into Seville will in fact work and work well, 20 Euros per day notwithstanding!

Mentioned in this post
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Seville
Seville
Arles
Arles
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
New York, NY
Level Contributor
330 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Garages?

But I forgot to say that I appreciate the advice nevertheless =)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
58,355 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Garages?

The reason "cars and the centre of Seville do not work" is due to traffic and the difficulty of finding street parking. You get around the center of Seville much quicker using public transport or by just walking. If you will be staying in Seville for several days, the best advice is just to leave your car sitting in the garage since it's pointless to drive it around the city. In that case, consider returning the car and then picking up another rental on the way out so you don't waste parking and rental money.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,329 posts
3,763 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking Garages?

Most hotels that have parking charge 11 euros a night. I usually choose my hotel in Seville because it has a large underground parking lot.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,279 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking Garages?

There are several carparks near the bullfight stadion. I think they are about 15-18 euro per day.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,298 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking Garages?

OK - I am biassed about Cars and the Casco Antiguo in Seville ! I think that the Ayuntamiento have also introduced measures to limit the numbers of private cars entering the Casco Antiguo and it is currently a 'hot potato' with the citizens. very 'political'.

On my first trip by car into Seville centre some years ago I was unprepared frankly and I finished up in the wrong place down a one way street leading the opposite direction. Nowadays if I drive into Seville I park on the outskirts and use the train or Metro unless I need the car for transport others and then will use a car park on the outer edge of the Casco Antiguo. As far as I am aware most underground car parks will charge at least €16 per day. Average may be 20. Also if I drive into Seville and stay in a hotel these days I choose Silken Al Andalus hotel mainly because they have comfortable beds but especially because they have a vast underground secure car park. Last time I parked they charged only €6 but maybe this was a one off. I did note that they now have a Summer Deal (bookings made until 17th July for stays into September) for first class rooms (queen sized beds!) going at around €50 including a late check out and bottle of wine ! Summer rates and low occupancy in Seville at this time mean benefits ! What's more they have a swimming pool outside ! Going into the Casco Antiguo for the visits is quite easy using the local bus or take a taxi.

But I have driven also in many places abroad (never driven in Cairo because the local taxis are so numerous and cheap! ) and am not too concerned as long as the directions are good.

Good luck with the trip !

Edited: 13 July 2011, 18:02
Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
9. Re: Parking Garages?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 04:19