We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side trips from Seville

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
705 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Side trips from Seville

With 3 days in Seville, is it worth spending a day going to Ronda and/or Arcos de la Frontera? If so, would a rental car or bus tour be easiest to arrange? Nothing against the latter as long as they are not too kitschy or focused on stopping at stores.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,193 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Side trips from Seville

JandV:

Ronda is worth seeing. You can drive and the drive from Grazalema to Ronda is one of the most beautiful drives in Spain. Hemingway said that Ronda was the most romantic town in Spain. I visit the city at least once a year and it always enchants me. The views there are fantastic.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Side trips from Seville

No, 3 days in Sevilla is a minimum. If you must leave take the train to Cordoba for a day.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Side trips from Seville

I agree with CuthbertJ. I don't really think you'll have time for a daytrip with only 3 days in Sevilla. If you do I'd choose Cordoba over Ronda. Cordoba is much easier as a daytrip (less than an hour by train) and has the amazine Mezquita. Ronda is a long daytrip (nearly 2.5 hours each way). The gorge is beautiful but I don't think it compares to Cordoba.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Side trips from Seville

Agreed with above, Cordoba is an easy train trip and the Mezquita is worth seeing. You can be back by late afternoon and still have time in Sevilla for evening activities. We drove to Ronda and back and it was a long day.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,910 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Side trips from Seville

Hi a bus runs down from Prado de San Sebastian bus station near Barrio Santa Cruz to Arcos most days at 9.30 and it takes two hours cost about €8. You can see things from this bus as you travel down to Arcos. LOS AMARILLOS bus company do it. Current times on:

http://www.losamarillos.es/venta/busqueda.jsp

The return bus leaves at 15.30 so does only give 4 hours in Arcos but enough time to get a feel of the town and have some lunch ? Or you can stay longer then take a bus into Jerez which takes around 35 minutes and cost about €2. Again times on web above.

Then at Jerez you can make a quick tour of the city if you have the time using some research. Or just take a train (or bus) up to Seville.

I know that Hemingway never stayed in Arcos but in my opinion it has some real attraction for visitors to this part of Andalucia. It is seen as the 'gateway' to the Pueblos Blancos from the Jerez side. The first town you meet when coming into the hills. From Arcos to Ronda you have hills and Sierra and villages.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,813 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Side trips from Seville

Ronda is father, but IMO sooooo much nicer, the trip and the place, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Manchester
Level Contributor
142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Side trips from Seville

Agree with others. Three days really is a minimum for Seville and if you want to see another city it should be Cordoba and see the Mezquita and the Royal Palace close by (although Cordoba in itself deserves more time).

8. Re: Side trips from Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 01:15