We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Hi, I've spent a lot of time researching and reviewing others' itineraries and associated comments, so I'm pretty sure we've come up with a reasonable balance of travel time, etc., but it always helps to have another set of eyes review. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be appreciated. We've booked hotels, but are not against making changes if possible.

Arrive Madrid Sept 5 at 11am and take the 2pm AVE to Sevilla

Sept 5-9 – Sevilla

Sept 9 rent a car in Sevilla and drive to Conil (visiting Jerez along the way)

Sept 9-11 – Conil

Sept 11-12 – Driving the white towns and staying in Ronda

Sept 12 drop car off in Granada

Sept 12-15 – Granada

Sept 15 morning - train to Cordoba

Sept 15-17 – Cordoba

Although not Andalusia, fyi, we plan on the following after the South:

Sept 17 - morning train to Madrid

Sept 17-19 – Madrid

Sept 19 - rent a car in Mardrid and leave in the morning.

Sept 19-23 – Driving to Basque Country through Rioja – staying in Getaria (2 nights) and San Sé (2 nights)

Sept 23 - drive back to Madrid and fly out the next day.

We have both visited and lived in Madrid and Barcelona before, but neither of us have been to Andalusia or Basque Country - really looking forward to it.

Thanks, Ryan

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

For me, it is simply perfect. Doable and sensible... Nothing to say about distances etc etc

As we say in Spanish 'you have done your homework', Ryan... 'se nota que has hecho tus deberes'. hahahaha

Deep research makes such a good itinerary... You are the best TA student!!

19 nights honeymoon... Wow... Have the best of the trips and congrats for your wedding!! =))

By the way , Cordoba 15-17 Sep? Davis Cup Semifinal!!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

'Arrive Madrid Sept 5 at 11am and take the 2pm AVE to Sevilla'

Bad idea - delayed flight, delayed baggage, jet lag leading to stupidity, delays with traffic to Puerta de Atocha - later time suggested.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Wom, you seem to have lived such a bad experience... =(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Wom has hit the only concern I have. Assuming Air Canada is on time, we should have no trouble getting to Atocha in time. I understand we will have to scan our bags at Atocha before boarding?

Worst case we have to pay a more money to get a later train. I would not expect every afternoon train to be fully booked on a Monday.

Davis Cup semis - ati, i saw your other post, any idea how to get tickets? I'd love to see Rafa play in the bullring!

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Ryan,

maybe tickets available tomorrow... Rumour: circa 230€ a block for two training sessions and four matches... Stay tuned!! ;)

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Who's Rafa....... just kidding. Also sounds good to me. On your Ronda day get a real early start, the more time you have the more towns you can see, and if you can try to see Grazalema, a great little town.While in Granada make sure you have your Alhambra tickets before hand, it is not alwas easy to get into. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,387 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Would be interested to know your driving plan from Conil. I am guessing that you will head for Algeciras and then take the road up to Ronda near San Pedro de Alcantara.

Or double back towards Jerez and head for Arcos ?

I would advise you not to drive through the minor roads in Los Alcornacales because they can seem to go on and on forever and seeing that you are on honeymoon think this should be avoided ! Congratulations by the way !!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

I had thought about taking the A-396 then A-389 straight up to Arcos, before heading west on either the 384 (heading eventually to Zahara, before going to Grazalema) OR the 372 to Grazalema then head up to Zahara.

Plan is to not really have a plan that day, but will be leaving our hotel by 9am, and hope to spend some time in each of the noted towns, leaving ourselves time to stop in other places we may come across before getting to Ronda by the evening.

Any suggestions about those interior roads? Better to take 381 and 382 to Arcos?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Thanks Hubie. Already have our Alhambra tickets! Any thoughts on our pueblos blancos driving plan?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon itinerary: Sevilla, Conil, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba

Ryan:

Have a wonderful honeymoon! May you be happy with your wife forever!