We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Seville

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 days in Seville

Hi travelers,

I am going to have a trip to Spain next week and would like to ask your advices about my 16 day trip. I did some researches on the internet and from the Rough Guide book to come up with this plan. I want to relax and enjoy the places because this is my first trip to Europe and I love to spend my whole time in Spain.

Due to Seville forum, I would like to present my Seville's itineraries (I presented other cities in their forums). I plan to spend 2 full days in Seville before travel to Granada:

• 03/10/2011:

Madrid (08:00) – Seville (10:30)

o Afternoon:

Take walking tour to:

- River Guadalquivir.

- Triana.

- Bullfight Arena.

- Plaza España.

- Maria Luisa Park.

- Tobacco Factory.

o Evening:

Take walking tour to:

- Cathedral

- Alcazar

- Barrio Santa Cruz

- Alfalfa

• 04/10/2011:

Revisit the interesting places yester day and take:

- Seville River Cruise.

- The Ayuntamiento (City Hall).

o Evening:

- Flamengo show in Casa De La Memoria De Al-Andalus.

Thank you very much for your advices,

Regards,

Toan

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,482 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Seville

Toan:

Your plan is doable. At the Alcazar, visit the apartments of the King.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Seville

I am also planning a trip to Seville for 2 nights arriving from Granada via Barcelona by train. We are returning to Madrid after 2 busy days there. Your itinerary sounds very ambitious. Have you found any hotels that are interesting yet moderately priced?

Kelly

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Seville

@BennyMalaga: Thanks, I will add this to next day when I revisit Alcazar.

@KellyPrimos: Thanks, I've booked a hotel named The Garden Backpacker. It seems recieved many positive reviews so I hope it would be fine for me

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
514 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Seville

khau1412

Looks like you did your homework on Seville.. Everything in your itinerary looks good except IMHO I would not bother with the river cruise. I did not find that it shows you a lot of the city that you cannot see on foot or public transport

Enjoy this wonderful city

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Seville

If you do a walking tour in the evening to include the Cathedral and the Alcazar, does that mean you will not enter them? If yes, then I recommend swapping the river cruise for a visit to the Alcazar. For me that is the most beautiful building in Sevilla to visit.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Seville

I love the river cruise and really enjoy floating down the river watching the city go by! Would personally keep that on your list!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in Seville

@Dutchfemale: I think I just pass the Cathedral and the Alcazar only on a walking tour, but if they are interested on me, I definitely come back on the next day. Thanks for your advice.

@lamboDundalk, littlerussell: I will consider it when I am there. Thanks a lot.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days in Seville

In my opinion, Triana is not a destination unlesss you have a specific place you want to go. With only two days in Seville, that's a lot of territory to cover. Save some time for wine/beer/sangria and tapas in Barrio Santa Cruz. Also Casa Pilatos (sp?) was worth a visit. Definitely don't miss a flamenco show (preferably one that doesn't include a meal).

9. Re: 2 days in Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 21:17