We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Fair, 2012

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
488 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
April Fair, 2012

Greetings:

My wife and I like to pick a focal point for our vacations and build the rest of the trip around them. The Feria de Abril always looked very exciting. So, for the next year we are planning a 2+ week trip to Spain overlapping the Fair.

I did the obligatory Google and forum searches and found information on this topic somewhat sporadic .

Please, help me out with the these questions. More will follow.

1. Have the exact days of the fair been finalized (April 24-29)?

2. Is there an official web site for the Fair?

3. Where can I find the program of the events?

4. Are there some specific highlights of the Fair that you would recommend seeing (e.g. parades, concerts, performances, etc)?

5. How many days should we dedicate to the Fair? For example, two half-days (am and pm) of drinking, eating, and gawking at the Oktoberfest in Munich were enough for us.

6. Are some days of the week during the Fair more memorable, exciting, important, etc?

7. How can we get invited to one of the private marquees?

Thanks!

Edited: 13 December 2011, 13:48
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,665 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Fair, 2012

Those dates you gave seem correct and I understand that on the first Monday evening / night is when it kicks off officially. So 23rd/24th night. There will be plenty to see but presume you already know that night times will be busiest. Have you Googled FERIA DE ABRIL ?

This Spanish web has quite a lot : http://feriadesevilla.andalunet.com/#

and of course it is the time of bull fighting at the Maestranza so you can look up this?

http://www.realmaestranza.com/

certainly other threads on these forums about this.

and then there will be horses and flamenco dresses and smartly dressed 'caballeros' and of course Sevillanas impromptu dancing :

Get a taste of Sevillianas here:

www.youtube.com/watch…

London, England
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April Fair, 2012

If you are planning your trip for 2012 you need to hurry up and book your accommodation in Seville.

Hotels are allowed to charge a premium for their rooms during the Feria and many will already be fully booked.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Fair, 2012

"How can we get invited to one of the private marquees?" You'll need to know someone to get invited. They are not open to the general public

London, England
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April Fair, 2012

The 'casitas' at the Feria are generally sponsored by local companies who issue invitations to their employees.

If you don't have anyody in Seville with invitations there are always a few public casitas.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April Fair, 2012

It's a great time to go and you will get a real taste of their fantastic culture. casitas are private but just strolling the grounds is a lot of fun. The whole city is alive that week. Hotels do raise their rates quite a bit though if you're wiiling to pay.

6. Re: April Fair, 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2012, 10:19