We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

We will be staying in Seville for several nights and were thinking of taking a day trip to Jerez for the horse show and sherry tasting, as well as a visit to Cadiz.

Have found several tour companies, including one called Really Discover that charges about 95 euros per person which includes transportation & admission .

Wondering if this is a day trip we should try to do on our own, traveling by train to Jerez ? May not be able to do the Cadiz portion by public transporation in the same day?

Any suggestions or referrals would be appreciated/

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

You can easily do this on your own.

I'd take the train or bus to Jerez one day and enjoy the horse show, sherry tasting and also tour around the town. Then have a nice lunch. I'd prefer to do these as 2 separate daytrips but if you have limited time then you could take the train or bus from Jerez to Cadiz stroll around the old town, perhaps have some tapas and then return to Sevilla (train or bus). It's quite easy.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

Agree with Cathy on this, do it on your own, its all part of the adventure. I would also try it in two days as well, you might want to explore more in one place than the other. If you have another day, you might want to look into going to Ronda for the day, a very beautiful city to visit, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Sydney
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

We are only in Seville for 3 days and want to do a day trip to Jerez / Cadiz.

I am mainly interested in Cadiz but my travelling buddy wants to see the horses We found a day trip through www.local-seville-tours.com that appears to spend the afternoon in Cadiz after doing the wine thing and the horses. This tour gives time in Cadiz (how much time I don't know). Whereas the other tours you only get to drive around Cadiz which doesn't interest me. I want to be able to walk around Cadiz even if only for a few hours. We only have 1 day so can't split between 2 days as you have suggested. The company is only an agent for the company that conducts the tour. We are staying at the Becquer Hotel and they suggested a company called www.visitours.es but the web site is in Spanish and unfortunately for me I don't speak/read Spanish.

Do you have any recommendations for a local tour operator in Seville that we could book direct with.?

Many thanks in advance.

Robyn

Edited: 26 February 2013, 22:54
Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

I can understand why you would want to see both Jerez and Cádiz, however Sevilla needs a minimum of three days itself. Is there no way you can add to your three days in Sevilla.

Saludos. Lindsay

Sydney
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

Sadly, no. At least we have 3 fully days (4 nights).

We are off to Granada after Seville for another 4 nights (only!).

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

I'd highly suggest shaving 1-2 days off of Granada and adding to Sevilla. As the previous poster mentioned 3 days is just enough to adequately see Sevilla without daytrips. If you added 2 days to Sevilla then you'd have time for a daytrip to Cordoba along with Jerez/Cadiz.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

back to the poster's original question -- do you have any suggestions for a local tour operator in sevilla for day trips in and out of sevilla itself?

we will be in Triana for 6 nights, planning one definite day trip to Cordoba. Stayed in Granada a few years back . So this trip we'd like to do a second day excursion to the pueblos blancos or Cadiz or someplace intriguing by bus, train, or private car (driven by someone else). I contacted Paul McGrath at theotherspain but no response.

so again, any suggestions? thanks.

peggy

san francisco

New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

I cannot offer info on a tour guide for you as we rented a car in Seville and drove to Jerez and Cadiz on our own. The trip was not bad at all...getting out of Seville was the real challenge.

You certainly can do both these places in one day. We did the sherry tasting and then the horse show. We were extremely disappointed in the horse show...the grounds are magnificent but I would suggest doing the museum and skipping the show...it was boring! Following the tasting and horse show we drove to Cadiz for lunch.

Cadiz is not to be missed, especially walking out into the ocean half a mile on the walkway!!! It is a very unusual experience to say the least!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

The OP's question was asking if the trip to Jerez and Cadiz could be done on their own or if a tour was necessary. I believe this question was answered.

Unlike the white villages Jerez and Cadiz are medium sized cities and public transportation is quite frequent by both bus or train. I'm sure there are tour companies that will gladly accept your money and take you to Jerez and/or Cadiz. I don't have any specifics on these companies as it is a very easy trip to do on your own - no more difficult than Cordoba.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip to Jerez & Cadiz

Destination experts:

'Do you have any recommendations for a local tour operator in Seville that we could book direct with.? '

That's the question.

For whatever kind of tour -- Pueblos Blancos, Sevilla, Cordoba, Cadiz, Carmona-- whatever. Docent tours are quite informative. Being driven someplace in a private van by someone local who shares their knowledge can be fun.

I know how we can 'get there' on our own by public transportation or rental car. Just looking for Destination Experts' possible recommendations for a worthwhile local tour company, to add more dimension and context to the experience, if possible.

thanks.