We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

We plan to stay in Seville for 5 nights from 4th April on. At time of booking flights last year I did not realise that was Santa Semana. I have been quoted E170 per night for a studio apartment that is normally E80 in high season. Can anyone recommend any hotels or apartments perhaps outside the historic centre which would be more reasonable (say E80/night) but still close to public transport to centre.

Alternatively, are there any other cities in Andalusia which are not as touristed but still interesting/lively e.g. Cordoba? We are flying in and out of Malaga but don't really want to stay on the coast.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Alan

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

Try Cadiz, Jerez, Cordoba and Malaga - prices should be less than Sevilla bit the processionals will be amazing

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

Malaga city is on the coast but is a fascinating, buzzing city and has amazing Easter processions. Culture +++, amazing architecture, Castle, citadel, great shopping and some of the best Tapas bars and restaurants you will find anywhere.

Unfortunately accommodation will be at a premium - price and availability - in any major town or city during Semana Santa.

Edited: 10 February 2012, 08:21
Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
517 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

Nothernmale

Semana Santa in Seville is prob. the most expensive time to book hotel rooms. A matchbox will cost you an arm and a leg!!! I booked 4 nights way back in OCT last year and the prices were high even then. The only Hotel that might fit your price range is the Silken Al-Andalus.About 90-100 per night at the moment but you really need to book NOW!! as prices will go sky high in the next few weeks. It`s a bit out of the city center but is on a main road which has good public transport to city center.(About 10-15 mins)The spectacle,colour and passion of Semana Santa in Seville will stay with you forever, even if your not religious. It really is a wonderful time to be in this beautiful and historic city (If you can stand the crowds!!)

All of Andalucia will be very busy at Easter.It really is a very big deal for the people of this region

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

Most people will be on vacation in Spain during Easter week, since school will be out. So most places will be crowded and hotel rooms will cost more.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

Alan- It is more likely that you will find a room in the old quarter of Seville is you search for smaller type establishments such as HOSTALS or PENSIONES - many are family run and provide value for money without the 'luxury' of a hotel.

You could start by looking through those listed on Trip Advisor in the category B&B Inns then search further.

Here is the page:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g187443-c2-Seville_…

In my opinion you should find somewhere at your budget price but obviously needs to research. Bertter to stay in the old city area (casco antigua) for the atmosphere and ease of walking etc.

Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
747 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

Hello, I was just wondering if the local tourist office would provide details of B&Bs or pensiones in Seville. I looked at the websites

turismosevilla.org/opencms2/…

and

http://www.visitasevilla.es/index.php?lang=en

and they only had some hotel information, not very helpful.

Thanks,

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

I am afraid Semana Santa is the high season's peak in Seville and it will be very hard (if not impossible) to find anything affordable. Actually, anything at all, since there are only 5 weeks left 'til the procesiones start.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

I agree totally with vallausa about the price and availability of accommodation in Seville during that week. Demand for rooms outstrips supply with predictable consequences.

You could take a look at what is available on:

http://www.booking.com/

However, be very aware that although some places say that they are just "a x minutes drive" from central Seville, that x figure becomes meaningless during that week because of temporary road closures and diversions for the processions. In other words, get something in central Seville. If you can find it, of course.

Edited: 23 February 2012, 12:55
berkshire, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

There's a good range on Active Hotels round about 100 euros/night, if you can manage that. Includes some decent/recommended hotels (Silken Al-Andalus, Vertice etc).

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation Easter Week 2012

Try using the excellent search on Trip Advisor including your budget etc and you should find something now. The Silken Al Andalus hotel would be my choice because the room prices are fairly reasonable especially if you pay up front and get the early discount. Bear in mind that the buffet breakfast costs around €12 from memory per head but is good and if you stay up late for the processions and sleep in then it would make a great brunch - but don't miss the last orders !

You can book directly on the Silken web or through the various web sites shown on Trip Advisor.

I have stayed at the Al Andalus a few times and used the public bus 34 from nearby into the centre. Quite convenient really. Or a taxi may cost about €7 to the centre I estimate.