We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WOW what a place

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
WOW what a place

just got back not so long ago and WOW what a city. we stayed for 3 nights and wish it was longer this is without a doubt the best European city i have been too and i have been to a few. We loved walking round the streets and getting lost in the little alleys found some great tapas places where we just sat and drank lovely wine and had great tapas. we have been back a few weeks now and i so miss this place i would say to anyone thinking of going DO IT you will not regret it its a gem with beautiful architecture, people and is an ideal place to go and chill and people watch x see you soon seville

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WOW what a place

Hi Michelle this is nice to hear as we are going to spend 4 night in Seville from the 29th May .... I have prepared lot of paper work with places to visit and see in Seville ... Not to waist time traveling by transport we booked in a hostal in the center. Thanks for your review that have help come to Seville with a peace of mind ....

Anthony - Malta

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,009 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WOW what a place

Michelle, you are so right, one of the prettiest cities in Europe. Hubie

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WOW what a place

Michelle this is music to my ears. Endless pondering on our second location for Spain in Oct and we have decided on Seville! Can't wait! Do you have a One thing I am so glad we did! Or a one thing that ahh give it a miss! that you would like to share!

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WOW what a place

I agree Michelle - it's my idea of heaven.

My one thing I am so glad we did was the Alcazar.

This is a personal thing and I'm sure I'll upset a couple of people but we wouldn't repeat a visit to the cathedral ( sorry!!!)

Generally in a city we orientate ourselves with the open top bus but we were advised against this in Seville.

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WOW what a place

We are trying to see as much we can of Seville on our own. We rarely use the open buses ... What we always do our best will be to have a hotel very centraly ... this to avoid traveling and taxis ... Hope that as we have done in other cities we will manage too Seville ... I have printed lot about Seville and as usual i will get with a good file with important info ... I am sure that weather be ok by end of May/June so we will explore this nice city. Anthony - Malta

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,795 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WOW what a place

Glad you enjoyed it Michelle - i can't wait to go again - it is a place that draws you back.

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
519 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WOW what a place

Michelle

Good to hear you enjoyed Seville..Yes..it really is a WOW city..So beautiful and historic ..To all posters who are planning on visiting Seville ..this will prob.be the highlight of your trip to Spain!!! I first came in 2008 and have being coming back every year since..It really does that to you..

And my Spanish is improving too!!

Hope you can return someday

Edited: 09 May 2012, 22:33
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,325 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WOW what a place

I am there right now and it is great. One thing is that we are becoming like the Spaniards, we hide at home in the afternoon with temperatures this week of 36-37!!! Can't complain after the cold wave in Madrid where it was 7 degrees last week.

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WOW what a place

Hi Jean Pierre you have made change my shirt from thoses with long sleeve to those with short sleeves and i may also get a short. This as i belive by the end of this moth when we will be over will be hotter ... From what i saw yes it looks that Sevile is a wonderful City a City with lot to do and see .... Have a nice time ... Anthony Arpa

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WOW what a place

Michelle - isn't it the most wonderful city? I love it - and am lucky in that my daughter lives there, so I have an excuse to visit as often as possible.

MaryHelen - don't miss seeing the Plaza de Espana! It is truly beautiful.

And go up onto the new 'parasols', in the Plaza de la Encarnacíon.