We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sevilla day trips questions

Zagreb, Grad...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sevilla day trips questions

Hello, I'm visiting Sevilla this summer and I want to visit few of a surrounding cities.

So I have few questions:

1. Do I have to book bus tickets in advance for Cadiz and Cordoba?

2. What's the best website to book tickets (or just to check the prices and schedule)?

3. Where is the bus station located in Sevilla?

4. I need one more day trip city, so which do you recommend for a day trip from Sevilla? Ronda, Granada, something else?

Thank you!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,559 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

Not always necessary to book tickets unless you really want to travel relaxed and on the schedule that you want. Buses tend to have seats and trains are fairly frequent on the Cordoba or Cadiz routes.

For trains check prices on : www.renfe.com For buses either www.alsa.es or www.movelia.es

There are 2 bus stations in Seville. One on the west side of the old city : Plaza de Armas and the other on the south east side : Prado de San Sebastian.

Day trip can be to Carmona by bus. See Carmona Forum. Granada needs more organising because it is approx 3 hours each way and you probably need to visit the Alhambra and have ticket reservation but it is possible as daylight hours are long and you can do this by train or bus.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,662 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

Deni:

Look at the top questions about day trips.

melbourne
Level Contributor
91 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

We have just visited Seville during Holy week and went to Cordoba. We went by Renfe train, buying tickets at the station or they have a good website where you can buy and print off tickets.

Zagreb, Grad...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

on which station do you buy tickets? how much did they cost?

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

Ronda, Arcos, and Carmona are all great day trips from Seville. Google them and read up on them and then pick one, all a win-win, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Zagreb, Grad...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

@Cadiz_lover there isn't bus from sevilla to cadiz?

I'm trying to find some appropriate informations via google, but no luck :(

edit

PS I've just found on viajeros that the price for bus ride sevilla-cadiz is 12€ in one way.

that's seems a little too much, since I was paying 12€ for round trip from marid to toledo/segovia :/

??

Edited: 15 June 2012, 11:45
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

Madrid has more competitive prices because there is more people coming and going and also because you don't have any tollways to go to toledo or segovia.

Cadiz is a longer way (125km as opposed to 90 of segovia or 85 of toledo) and there is a tollway...

I would choose the train anyway. You have AVANT trains for 14 euros one way

Zagreb, Grad...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

oh... I see... thanks for the tip

and where is the train station in sevilla? is the same station for cadiz/cordoba

what about ronda? bus or?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,662 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

Deni:

There is only one train station in Seville, which is Santa Justa.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187443-c91562/Sevill…

Edited: 18 June 2012, 06:09
10. Re: Sevilla day trips questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:40