We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Andalucia cities?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
How many days in Andalucia cities?

We are a family of 5 planning to spend 15 days in Spain over Christmas and the New Year. We hope to visit Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Cordoba and Granada, travelling by train and car. Between Barcelona & Madrid, we will be staying 8 nights. How should we spend the other 6 nights - 2 each in Seville, Cordoba & Granada? We've heard confliciting opinions about Seville and are not sure if we should spend more than 2 nights there. Appreciate any advice.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

Seville warrants several nights IMO but for Granada one night is enough. Its a shame you are missing my favourite city of Malaga - a fascionating/underrated city and the Christmas lights there is one of the best displays in Europe.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,238 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

Obvious choice would be to train between either Barcelona and Cordoba/Seville or from Madrid to same. The high speed AVE train from Barcelona to Cordoba takes only 4 hours ! From Madrid it is 1 1/2 hours ! At Cordoba stay over night and see the fabulous Mezquita and Cathedral. Later following day return to train for the short hop to Seville in under one hour. Stay in Seville for 2 nights then take the train across to Granada taking about 3 hours. Stay in Granada to see the Alhambra and sights. Maybe 2 nights depending on programme.

Or if flying into Madrid head down to Cordoba then Seville then go Granada then fly to Barcelona from Granada ?

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

I would stay 4 nights in Seville, and make a daytrip from Seville to Cordoba one of the days (AVANT train). I don't know where you got your conflicting opinions, but IMO Seville is a city to spend the rest of your life!

Then move to Granada (bus or train) and stay 2 nights, returning by bus to Madrid (4 hours)

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

I agree, one night and day in Granada, spend the extry day in Seville. As said, day trip from Seville to Cordoba, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

Thank you for the tip! Really appreciate your reply.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

Is one night in Malaga enough to see the Christmas lights, you think? I would be happy to give up a night from Cordoba or Granada to include Malaga. I'm just concerned that many places will be closed for the Christmas/New Year holiday and I haven't been able to get much info on the internet about this.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

Thanks for all those travel tips. So in your opinion, it's worthwhile staying at least a night or two each in Seville, Cordoba and Granada? I've read many articles suggesting staying in Seville and taking day trips only to Cordoba or Granada. But I hate day trips coz we always end up rushing around.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

Thank you for the email on Seville. Am looking forward to visiting this unique place.

9. Re: How many days in Andalucia cities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 02:16