We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to organise seeing these places

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
919 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
best way to organise seeing these places

We fly into Malaga (afternoon) for 5 nights in Andalucia. We want to stay in Seville, see Alhambra in Granada and be close to Malaga airport for flight on last day. Don't mind moving about, but what is best logistically? Malaga - Granada - Seville - Malaga? Or is there something else we should see?

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

Hi

5 nights is a bit tight to do Seville and Granada in my opinion.

Use www.viamichelin.com to check distances.

Consider Ronda and Cordoba for other places to visit, but take care you have enough time to see the places you visit.

If it were my trip I would leave Seville for another time.

Have fun

Hazel

Scotland
Level Contributor
919 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

Reading the forums in the meantime, I see what you mean. Thanks for the input.

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
505 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

Dinky

This is a tight itinenary for 5 nights. My idea would be .. Train direct to Seville from Malaga is just over 2 hours on the slowest. (Fastest is more expensive)

www.renfe.es

Seville deserves at LEAST 2 nights. You can do a day trip to Granada from Seville but bear in mind it`s a 3 hour trip each way so an overnight in Granada would really be best...One more night in Seville then depending on your departure your last night in Malaga

Malaga is a nice city once you get away from the train station area!!

On no account skip Seville,this is the real jewel in the crown..This is the most beautiful and historic city in Spain!!..A gem that will capture your heart...

The Alhambra in Granada really needs to be booked online in advance as the numbers a limited daily..(See the Granada fourm)

I know this seems to be back tracking but there seems to be no direct public transport Malaga/Granada??

Edited: 23 August 2012, 22:50
Scotland
Level Contributor
919 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

Thanks lambo. I do have my heart set on Seville. 3 hours to Granada seems a huge chunk there and back. Is it worth an overnight apart from the Alhambra?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,011 posts
3,463 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

Dinky:

There are so many things to see in Granada, besides the Alhambra. Read the top questions in the Granada forum.

If you want to see the Alhambra, read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

Seville and Granada are far away for the days you have. I would do one of the following:

- Take the train Malaga-Sevilla, spend there 4/5 days, with one daytrip to Cordoba and another one to Ronda. All 3 of them are magical places and close to each other.

- Take a bus to Granada, spend 2 nights in there (buy alhambra tickets, enjoy tapas!), then back to Malaga and spend there the rest of your trip. Malaga is also a wonderful city, and you can do daytrips to Nerja for example.

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
505 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

Dinky

Yes... @BennyMalaga ..Granada really is worth an overnight stay.. Lot`s to see in the old city below the Alhambra

@myscreens ....Cordoba is also an excellent day trip from Seville to see the amazing Mesquita .It`s 2 hours each way on normal line or 45 min on the AVE(Spanish high speed train)..If your into trains this train really will blow you away!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

I loved Granada, it's not as Wow-factor as Seville but has a gruff charm all it's own. Try the tapas baras on Navas(?) street and the cathedral is lovely and understated after the Baroque overkill of Seville. Most people don't get to see the charm of the city but I found it less frenetic than Seville or Madrid. If you're there during the summer, the helado shop "Los Italianos" has heavenly gelato.

I really recommend Hostel Rodri in Granada for staying the night. Clean, cheap and the friendliest owners I've met. Really didn't think I'd like Granada but I fell in love with the town.

Scotland
Level Contributor
919 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

Thanks for all the advice folks. I think I'm swaying towards 4 nights in Seville and last night Malaga, with day trips. Can't wait to try that super speedy train!

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best way to organise seeing these places

What I would do (assuming 4 sightseeing days) would be:

Head straight to Seville.

Days 1 & 2 - Seville

Day 3 - return to Malaga by train, splitting the day between Seville & Malaga however you wish

Day 4 - day trip from Seville to Granada - www.movelia.es

Coach outward 10.00-11.30

Coach return 19.00-20.45

Leaving almost 8 hours to see the Alhambra

With nights 1-3 in Seville & 4-5 in Malaga?