We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

Hi, I tried to book a bus ticket from Seville to Gibraltar for 24-Sep, however the reservation window on Movelia website only goes out 11 days to 10-Sep.

Does anyone know if the morning bus (departing 9:30) sells out on this route?

Edited: 31 August 2012, 06:47
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,340 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

? There are no buses crossing from Spain into Gibraltar. You have to get off in La Linea, walk across the border then take a local bus.

I don't know whether these journeys sell out, but all you need to do is get on the website at the right time.

Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

Yes, you're right, I think of my destination as Gibraltar but the bus stop is in fact at La Linea.

I'll be setting out on this trip a couple of weeks before the transfer to Gibraltar so getting on the website at the right time may not be possible (if the reservation window hasn't extended far enough before I leave). I avoid taking valuables like a laptop when I travel and I won't put my credit card details in a public access PC in order to buy a ticket.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,997 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

Mark the time you are travelling, you should be ok to book the bus Seville to La Linea when in Seville.

www.tgcomes.es/horarios_33.htm

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,217 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

Get to the bus station a little earlier at say 09.00 ? If you do have any problem then there is a great bus down to Algeciras run by LINESUR bus company that leaves at 10.30 and arrives into Algeciras at 13.00

See:

www.activagest.com/linesur/horarios.htm

At Algeciras you have a local bus service around to La Linea leaving at 13.00 on Mondays:

http://www.ctmcg.es/doc/horarios/M-120.pdf

I prefer the LINESUR service because it uses the good roads like Jerez to Algeciras Autovia.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,217 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

Sorry that local bus from San Bernardo to La Linea bus station leaves at 13.30 on Mondays as you can see on the time table. It is a direct bus so should not take more than about 30 minutes. Just pay the driver on boarding. As with all buses the large cases / bags go in the locker beneath the seating and if not opened then ask the driver or just open it !

Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

Thanks for your replies Nurioopta & Cadiz_lover

7. Re: Bus from Seville to Gibraltar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:16