We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

Martha's Vineyard...
8 posts
Save Topic
ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

What do you think about renting ebikes to travel to Italica from Seville?

John

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,453 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

Definitely avoid the main roads! An electric bike wouldn't be allowed on some of them anyway. It's around 11km (7 miles) so should be in range.

From what I have seen of Seville traffic, nerves of steel could be a requirement.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,544 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

Take a look at this route on Wikiloc - shows it took 2 hours 16 minutes by normal bike with wife and young son so going was gentle and not rushed.

en.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=150838

The bridge over the river is shown on this Panoramio picture. It is a cycle way.

https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/72817260

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

seville has an extensive bike lane network, map here: sevilla.org/sevillaenbici/pdf/Redcarril/Vias…

there will be some places (outside seville) that you'll share the road with cars, but overall it's an easy route.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,544 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

myscreen - would it be practical for an average cyclist to hire one of the public bikes available at the city SEVICI points to be used for the journey to Italica? How comfortable or easy to use are they?' I have in mind taking the bus to Italica and walking back through Santiponce and Camas as I am interested also in the Roman Theatre in Santiponce itself which I believe is now being readied for a dance festival after many years of restoration and conversion. Do you happen to know about it ? This remarkable video (the first on the list) shows the Roman theatre from an unmanned drone type unit made in Seville. www.dronetools.es/SERVICIOS/V-deo-aereo/

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

Cadiz_lover: I don't think it would be practical to take the SEVICI all the way to Italica for a daytrip, because of the tariff system of SEVICI (first half hour free, 1 euro for the first hour, then 2 euros for the following hours) Also, Sevici bikes are very heavy. It will be better (both economically and comfort-wise) to rent a bike in one of the rent-a-bike places in Seville. As for walking back... you can always take a bus from either Santiponce or Camas to Seville. When in Camas, if you ask for "La Pañoleta", close to where the Carrefour and the cinemas are, that's a big hub because most buses coming from the aljarafe stop there, so you'll have a bus every 5 mins or so.

As for the Roman Theatre dance festival...I have no clue. I've tried to look for something on the web and apparently there have been some events in there, but I don't know about the coming future... that drone video looks great!! thanks!

Edited: 09 January 2013, 17:12
berkshire, england
Level Contributor
527 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

Cadiz_lover:

The Roman theatre is only 10 minutes walk back down from Italica, followed by another 2 hours or so back to Seville. I'm not sure why you'd need to walk back to Seville to be able to see the theatre? Most of the rest of the journey is through the industrial estates around Camas. You can just pick up the return bus on the main road that runs through Santiponce.

Is this the dance festival you are thinking of?

…blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/festival-internacion…

7. Re: ebike trip to Italica from Sevillle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 06:17