We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

I will be arriving into Seville by renfe train. What is the best way to get from the Santa Justa Train Station to city centre of Seville by way of metro or bus? How much would a taxi cost? Thanks for any advise.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

Traveling:

The distance from the train station to the Cathedral is 4.2 km. I think a taxi will cost about 6 euros.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

taxis as benny said are not very expensive. Say 4-8 euros depending on where to the center you are heading to. Same with buses, depending on where you are going it could be a 5 mins ride or a 30 mins ride. Bus will cost 1.40 euros. if you check in google maps there is a tag for public transportation. If you insert santa justa train station and your destination address, it will give you public transport options. If your hotel is in the part of the center close to the train station, it's a 10 mins walk, also an option to consider.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,221 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

Clucks

You have bus options not Metro out of Santa Justa. Two buses :

32 going to the heart of the old city ending at Plaza del Duque passing Plaza Encarnación with the famous Metropol Parasol for roof top views over Seville:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187443-d1…

from here it is easy to walk to shopping streets such as Calle Tetuán or Calle Sierpes and continue towards the cathedral area with the Alcazares nearby.

The other bus is C1 (or C2) and this is going around the old city. If you take the C1 going clockwise you can get to Prado de San Sebastian area first and walk over to old city through Barrio Santa Cruz.

More details in Spanish of bus routes on http://www.tussam.es/ or Google Maps.

The bus stop at Santa Justa station. Leave the main front entrance and cross over past the taxi queue and across the car park in front of you until you reach the road called José Laguillo. C1 bus leaves from side of road nearest station and 32 into Plaza del Duque leaves on other side of road.

St Andrews
Level Contributor
11 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

Unless yo've got plenty of time to spare, I'd take a taxi, it's not expensive - I'm just back and we gave up on buses as there are so many traffic lights/pedestrian crossings, we kept running out of time to get where we needed to go.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

Hi, If you like walking i would suggest you to walk . Yes it is ca 4-5 km what will take you ca 1 hour- 1.5 hour walk. During that time you can see city and it is safe place. I walked that distance myself and it is easy. Unless you do not walking. Of course if you are there first time , you should get map and follow map.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,221 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

RosieFifeGirl....I am trying to understand how taxis can avoid traffic lights or pedestrian crossings in comparison to buses !

Some buses run frequently like the Circular ones. For most journeys I tend to use bus first. The best for public transport is the Metro but only one line and no where near the Santa Justa station.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

Thank you to Cadiz_lover post no 3. This was a really informative post. It has told us all we need to know.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 08:45
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

I will be getting in by train (with lots of luggage) and would like to take a cab to my hotel. Do you think I will have trouble finding a cab at night? Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,221 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

As long as there are trains especially the AVE running then taxus will be available'

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Seville Santa Justa Train Station to Seville City Centre

Agreed!