We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
474 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Hi will be visiting Seville soon and have narrowed my hotel search down to 2.. Can't decide on The Derby or Lyme Hotel. Want a quiet Hotel near old town with a decent breakfast. Any info on above Hotels be appreciated Thank you

Ireland
Level Contributor
474 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Sorry meant Vime Hotel NOT Lyme

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Have a look at the photos and reviews on both hotels to help you decide, there's mixed reviews on both. I may be wrong but at a push the Vime Corregidor seems a bit better than the Derby even though it looks a bit further out. If these were my only 2 choices then i would go for the Vime, it's a personal choice though as what one person likes another might hate. It is hard choosing your hotel in Seville as they nearly all seem to have mixed reviews with no consistancy.Go with your gut, Good luck.

Ireland
Level Contributor
474 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Thank you for that. yes reviews are confusing. Vime looks nicer but derby reviews just a bit better. Have few days to decide unless something better comes up at around same price. Gut at the moment is with vime..ta

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Having stayed at the vime corrigedor many times over the last 8 years i would always recommend it for value for money and helpful staff . We have only changed to another hotel once and quickly booked back in the vime for our next visit , in fact we will be their in 5 weeks time for next visit .

Ireland
Level Contributor
474 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Oh thank you scooby. Nice to hear from someone who.s actually stayed there. That.s that then vime it is. Ta looking forward.

Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Not much help but I too am staying at Derby hotel, mixed reviews but think the location and transport links are very good, taxis and buses outside hotel and bus/coach station apparently nearby (if you need these services). Have a great time wherever you stay.

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
509 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

romurphy

Stayed in the Vime Corrigedor in 2011..Don`t worry ,it`s a great little hotel in a very quite area .,but a little bit of a walk to the main city center sights. (about 15 mins. or so) .Some of the little streets around the area are a little scruffy with grafitti and such ,but don`t worry ..perfectly safe.We walked them late at night and never felt worried.. I did not experence any "smells" in the room that some others reviewers have stated on TA!!. It`s right beside the Alameda de Hercules which has lots of little cafes/bars for breakfast/dinner and a very laid back buzz in the evening,with lots of locals out and about.

Seville is prob. the most beautiful city`s in all of Spain

Enjoy Seville ,your in for a treat..I think you`ll be back!!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

I've always got the best price through TravelRepublic when booking Seville.

Ireland
Level Contributor
474 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

Hi ...Thank you to everyone who helped me choose a Hotel in Seville.. In the end we choose the Derby as we got a better deal . Great Hotel, clean and quiet. Breakfast was good and loved the rooftop terrace, only wish there was a bar. Would definitely stay at Derby again..AND fell in Love with Seville, already planning a trip back later in the year.. Thanks again

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lyme Hotel or Derby Hotel?

thanks for comming back and report!