We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels--Amadeus or Alma Sevilla

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels--Amadeus or Alma Sevilla

I realize that these two hotels are very different in price. Is the Alma Sevilla worth the difference? I was set on the Amadeus, but then I read some reviews complaining about the effectiveness of the air conditioning. Since we will be there in July, a.c. is a very important consideration. I also don't know if it will be too hot to take advantage of the terrace at the Amadeus, which people seem to rave about.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,703 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels--Amadeus or Alma Sevilla

Open air terraces are super after 10pm when it cools down. I was sampling the terrace at the Alfonso XIII hotel recently which is on the lower level and found it ideal for a late evening drink in the open air. There are plenty of hotels to choose but if you go by the reviews and ratings then you should not go far wrong. Many , if not all, of these hotel terraces are open to the public.

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels--Amadeus or Alma Sevilla

We just got back from the Amadeus. It was a gem and I would go back there in a heartbeat. The A/C in our room worked very well. Our room (no. 110) was also very quiet. It had no view, but all we need during a citytrip is a clean room with a comfortable bed and a decent bathroom. The Amadeus perfectly fitted the bill.

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels--Amadeus or Alma Sevilla

Depends on your travel style. The Alma is a proper 5 star hotel, the Amadeus is a mid-range bed and breakfast. Stayed in both, both are great as long as you are honest about your expectations. They're like chalk and cheese.

4. Re: Hotels--Amadeus or Alma Sevilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 07:18