We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which city is best to fly out of to return to the U.S.?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which city is best to fly out of to return to the U.S.?

We will be staying in Sevilla. Is it better to fly out of Madrid, Sevilla (there is a flight connecting to Amsterdam) or Malaga? Is it worth it to see Malaga and spend a night there before flying out? Or is it easier to take the train back to Madrid?

Thanks

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which city is best to fly out of to return to the U.S.?

If you're staying in Sevilla then I'd just fly out of there w/the connecting flight. It's hard to answer your questions about Malaga without knowing your itinerary and what you would sacrifice for the final night in Malaga.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
920 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which city is best to fly out of to return to the U.S.?

I would let the price of the ticket determine that. I doubt whether a train ticket to Madrid would be cheaper than the combined ticket from Sevilla from and to the U.S. This may be through Madrid, Amsterdam, London or any number of European hubs.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,651 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which city is best to fly out of to return to the U.S.?

PK:

Malaga is worth seeing since it is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain. Our downtown is completely walkable and we have very good restaurants and plenty of culture. Read the top questions in the Malaga forum. I feel very well lucky living in this city.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which city is best to fly out of to return to the U.S.?

as others said, I would try to decide entirely on price, unless you have an aircompany preference for whatever reason (customer points, for example).

you can use skyscanner or rome2rio to check best routes.

In Europe, busiest/biggest airports are (in this order): London Heathrow, Paris CDG, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Madrid. But it also depends on where you want to go, because some airports/companies will be better for flying to certain destinations...

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which city is best to fly out of to return to the U.S.?

Nobody has mentioned an important fact: there is a non stop Delta flight from Málaga to NYC's JFK which operates during summer months (May to October). In my opinion it is VERY convenient to fly directly from Andalucía than having to stop at a larger more inconvenient airport.

And, again in my opinion, Málaga has become one of the most popular destinations in Andalucía, and it is totally worth visiting.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 12:34
6. Re: Which city is best to fly out of to return to the U.S.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:17