We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Level Contributor
561 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

My husband and I will be in Andalucia in the fall and our top 3 destinations will be Seville, Cordoba, Granada with roughly 2 days in each. In a perfect world, I'd like to pick an order of cities so I don't have any letdowns (basically I'd ideally want to try to "save the best for last"). They all look great to me, but one of the tour books talked about the best order to avoid letdowns and I don't remember what they said.

Anyway, we will arrive in Spain near Granada which would make us start there. Then the

logical progression would be Cordoba and then Seville.

But which do you think is the best order to see all three cities? If we had flexibility to start and end in any of them, what order would you recommend?

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

It really doesn't matter. Seville may be the high point of the trip along with the Alhambra. If you start with Granada for 2 nights I would then go on to Sevilla for 4 nights and visit Cordoba as a daytrip from there. There is just so much more going on in Sevilla especially at night. it's a great city for just getting lost in and taking it all in. Cordoba is such a convenient daytrip. If you're set on cordoba for 2 nights don't let me try to persuade you. Most people don't spend the night there and I'm sure you will love it. It is a classic Andalucian city with a ton of history and culture. Anyplace in Andalucia is great and the cities are each unique in their own way.

Detroit
Level Contributor
561 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

Thanks CuthbertJ. And thanks for the itinerary advice too, it's more than welcome! In fact, I wanted to post asking itinerary advice but didn't know where (technically it is not specific to one city but I find when I post in the general Spain forum, my posts get lost).

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
505 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

CuthbertJ`s right...If you arrive in Spain in Granada then 2 night`s in Granada will be perfect to visit this city. For the Alhambra you really need to buy your tickets online. Limited entry each day. Check the Granada forum.The beautiful and historic city of Seville will be the high point of your visit to Andalucia . If you have four days in Seville then day trips to the city of Cordoba, Ronda and Cadiz are possible ,plus a lot of the little white villages/towns in the area .But above all the jewel in the crown is Seville.Do not miss it!

Enjoy

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,090 posts
3,467 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

Phish:

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets online and book very early. The Alhambra is the No. 1 monument most visited and gets 3 million visitors a year.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,021 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

we booked for the Alhambra 6 weeks early (as soon as we knew we were traveling there) and all the tickets were sold out until 1 pm. 1 turned out to be great because you can tour all day with a ticket between 11 and 2 -- but most people like early morning tickets and those were gone.

Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

We have just returned from Spain. We did Madrid 4 days, Cordoba 3 days, Seville 3 days and Granada 2 days, Barcelona 3 days. We personally loved Cordoba. It may not have the night life of Seville but we didn't go for that reason. Cordoba has an absolutely fantastic cathedral and very old alcazar. We filled 3 days very easily. Only change I would have made to our trip was to have longer in Barcelona. All our travel was by train except we left Granada for Barcelona by plane. I would love to thank others on tripadvisor who helped and advised on travel tips. All the great information helped our trip run very smoothly.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,643 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

I am with the others, Seville 4 days, Granada 2 days and Cordoba as a day drip from Seville.

Seville is SOOOOOO beautiful you will not want to leave.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

8. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:15