We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

Hola everyone

I will be coming from Nice, France, and we wanted to go to Spain for 2 nights (unfortunately that's the only time we have) from Friday to Sunday to do a bit of shopping, sightseeing and of course lots of eating! I was thinking of either going back to Barcelona (we visited last year), or go to somewhere new like Seville or Majorca.

Any advice/recommendation/suggestion you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Gracias! :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,622 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

I think it will depend almost entirely on where you can get a flight to and at what price. These places are too far from Nice to make any other means of travel impracticable for a short visit.

Each of the three has its attractions.

There are no direct flights between Nice and Seville. Easyjet, Iberia and Vueling fly between Nice and Barcelona (Vueling also fly between Barcelona and Seville) while for Majorca only Iberia fly direct. You could I am sure get to Majorca via Barcelona.

Spain
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

With such a short time frame I would return to Barcelona. Shortest / easiest / cheapest flight and so much to do there.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,749 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

Seville, is the prettest of the three, but as said, would be lots of money for such a short time. You have been to Barelona, lets go someplace new.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

Thank you all for responding, really appreciate it :)

@cubsur - yes, you're right. I've taken a look at the flights out of Nice to Spain and there aren't many direct flights available, but with that said, I'll keeping looking to see the best time frame and price available.

@overfiftey1959 - I hear what you're saying, but I was hoping to check out somewhere new in Spain but if Barcelona is the best option (time/cost) I'll still be happy. I'm in Spain after all!

@HubieDaMan - I agree, based on the pictures I've seen Seville looks the prettiest. I am leaning more towards Seville because I've been wanting to go there for sometime. Again, it'll depend on the time/price. Thanks, i'm sure I'll have heaps of fun no matter which city I choose.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

From looking at the Nice departures board for today, Lisbon (Portugal) may be a good option?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,482 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

ysiggy:

Seville is one of the most beautiful and charming cities in Spain and has the spirit of Andalucía. Many people fall in love with it and decide to live here permanently. The people welcome all foreigners and are very polite to them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

@littlerussell thanks for your advice.

@BennyMalaga that sounds so good. I would really love to go there even if it's for a quick trip. Hopefully flight prices aren't too high. Thank you also for your advice.

8. Re: From Nice (FR) to either Barcelona, Seville or Majorca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 05:18