We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babies at bullfights Spain

London
14 posts
Save Topic
Babies at bullfights Spain

Are babies (1yrs) allowed to go to bullfights. I am thinking of the one in El Puerto Santa Maria. If so, do I need to buy them a separate seat or can they sit on my knee? Thanks Jane

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,497 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

Why on earth would anyone want to take a child to a bullfight?

uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

I cant imagine you have to pay for a 1yr old, so im guessing itl be free entry. Im guessing it will be down to a health and safety terms and conditions of the premises. Ive never been to one personally, but I imagine it might be a bit loud with sudden cheering crowds. Don't know if that will scare your little one.

Im guessing its you that's wanting to watch, but will have your baby with you...lol.

Although just on a side note, you're probably going to get a bit of grief for this post, as the words baby and bullfight together will attract them.

might be easier for you to just find the website, although ive just had a look and theres nothing anywhere that makes it clear, and the official site is all in Spanish.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 15:52
London
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

Thank you for your comments, and yes, it is my husband and myself that want to see the bullfight and are not comfortable leaving our 1 year old with a minder. I have not been away from my son since he was born and not about to start this in a foreign country. I will be holding him facing away and actually he will most likely be asleep at 7pm when it starts. He sleeps through any noise! Fingers crossed we are able to take him and experience a bullfight.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 16:10
uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

ive just read that children under 14yrs are not allowed at bullfights by law in certain regions and 16yrs in others. This is a Spanish law, so it seems that you wont be able to take the little one.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 16:29
London
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

What a shame...we may have to take it in turns to go in in that case. I only really want to tick that box so my other half may have to sit at a cafe with the baby have have a cool beer!

6. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 17:22
Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

'Fingers crossed we are able to take him and experience a bullfight.'

I have no idea what program you refer to at El Puerto Santa Maria, but a normal format would be six bullfights over about three hours. If you stay the course I think you should be very concerned about and prepped with heat exhaustion/stroke in mind, whether in sol or sombra.

I have not in five visits to a corida seen anyone who looked younger than mid teens and certainly no recollection of a baby.

Written whilst several others above were posting.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 16:48
8. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 17:22
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,175 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

Bullfights don't start at 7pm, more like 10pm! Are you sure you have the times right?

London
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Babies at bullfights Spain

Oh it said it started at 7pm and only lasted an hour and half, mind you I will probably leave after half hour. As said, just want to see it so I can have my own opinion on it. The cool beer does sound like a nicer option but 'When in Rome' and all that x