We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportations from Seville to nearby cities

Austin, Texas
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportations from Seville to nearby cities

I am debating if I really need to rent a car to travel from Seville to Arcos, then from Arcos to Ronda, then to Granada, then to Cordoba, then back to Seville. The other way around is fine. My travel time will be after Christmas to New Year Eve.

Please help me decide.

Thanks,

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,054 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportations from Seville to nearby cities

You can make a day excursion toCordoba by train from Seville www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Outside Cordoba train station take the local bus to the Mesquita www.andalucia.com/cities/cordoba.htm

Bus Seville to Arcos de la frontera www.samar.es/horarios/nacional

Bus Arcos de la Frontera to Ronda www.tg.comes/horarios_16.htm

www.andalucia.com/villages/home.htm www.turismoderonda.com

Train Ronda to Granada and Granada to Seville www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros.index.html

www.spain.info

Accommodation www.venere.com

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportations from Seville to nearby cities

Julia:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187443-c91562/Sevill…

Austin was a city I enjoyed very much in the past.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,218 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportations from Seville to nearby cities

I would say that your route is perfectly possible and doable using public transport. In fact it would be good fun and you may even meet some nice locals on the way ! I sometimes use the LOS AMARILLOS bus service from Prado de San Sebastian bus terminal down to Arcos and usually only maybe 10 people maximum are on the bus. It goes through some good scenery taking in some towns south of Seville and heading for Bornos before finishing at Arcos. And the price is good too.

The "COMES" bus which starts from Cadiz via Jerez is a regular one and also goes through some great scenery on the way. It finishes at the very central Ronda bus station and ideal for walking to a hotel. Ronda is quite compact so getting to the train station is also easy.

Between Granada and Cordoba you have choice of bus or train. Maybe bus could be better on this route especially one that stops on the way so you have a good taste of this part of the world. www.alsa.es gives bus times

In Cordoba the bus and train stations are side by side.

4. Re: Transportations from Seville to nearby cities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:18