We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Granada from Seville

mumbai
Level Contributor
14 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Granada from Seville

Hi,

We are a couple travelling to Spain in Nov'13. We are staying 4 nights in Seville and want to do a day trip to Granada (including the Alhambra) on 15th November. There are a lot of tour companies that do this tour. But we want to do this tour on our own.

I have a few questions:

- Travel from Seville to Granada and back : What would be the best mode? Train / Bus. Want to start early so that we get more time to spend in Granada.

- Granada : What to keep in mind if we want to make the most of the day?

- Alhambra : We plan to buy the tickets on line for all the visit-able parts for the second half of the day - 14:00 to 18:00. We thought this would be best..as we can do the city in the first half and then see Alhambra and leave for Seville.

Please help me with answers to these and anything else I should keep in mind.

Thanks,

NSG, Mumbai

Heart of Sevilla Free Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Spain Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
The Magic of Seville Private Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
apie Experiencias Turisticas Guiadas
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,152 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Granada from Seville

You can do either train or bus. Look up times on www.alsa.es or trains on www.renfe.com

The first train out of Seville Santa Justa leaves at 06.45 and arrives at Granada by 09.58. This would be the one train you could take to leave enough time in Granada. A return train at 20.56 will get you back by midnight.

But search for buses as well and consider the departure points of both because you should allow time to reach.

Because of the 3 hour distance minimum each way most people do not like to consider doing this as a day trip from Seville.

mumbai
Level Contributor
14 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Granada from Seville

Thanks Cadiz_lover..

I am in a double mind now. Though I very much want to visit Granada and do not want to miss the chance to see the Alhambra...I am thinking that a day trip to another destination might be a smarter way to spend time. Maybe Cordoba? Or would you suggest another place?

After Seville we are going to be in Ronda for a few days before concluding our vacation in Barcelona.

Thanks again.

Best.

NSG,Mumbai.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Granada from Seville

We are in Seville at the moment and really wiish we'd spent more time in Granada instead. We absolutely loved Granada and you need four hours to see Alhambra properly, but definitely worth it....so different to other parts of Spain.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Granada from Seville

We are in Seville at the moment and really wiish we'd spent more time in Granada instead. We absolutely loved Granada and you need four hours to see Alhambra properly, but definitely worth it....so different to other parts of Spain.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,152 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Granada from Seville

You say that you will be Ronda before concluding in Barcelona. Had you considered travelling from Ronda to Granada by train then flying from Granada to Barcelona ?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Granada from Seville

In early January my husband and I booked the day trip with Viator for $150 apiece. The 15-seater van picked us up near our hotel in Seville promptly at 6:25 a.m. After an hour and half we had a 20 min. rest stop. We arrived at the Alhambra around 10 a.m. Of the approximately 9 people on the van, three of us needed an English-speaking guide. Evidently there weren’t many English speaking visitors, nor many French speaking visitors, so we three were combined with three French speakers from another tour and went with an excellent guide who repeated everything in French and English. Around 1:30 our van took us into Granada to get some lunch and have a look around. Around 4 p.m. we headed back to Seville. We had another 30 min rest stop along the way and were back at our hotel about 7:30 p.m.

We did not mind the “long” bus rides, rather we enjoyed seeing some of the Spanish countryside. Also we simply didn’t have time to spend the night in Granada, and it was more pleasant not to have to move out of our hotel in Seville.

Altogether the day trip was an excellent choice for us, and we recommend Viator as the tour company.

7. Re: Day trip to Granada from Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:17