We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville or Jerez

Berlin
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Seville or Jerez

My husband and I will be flying to Jerez for the first week of January for a romantic, restful week. We would like to rent an apartment but we are uncertain if Jerez or Seville should be our home base for day trips and also have lots of restaurants, cafes and things to do. Suggestions would be appreciated!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,238 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville or Jerez

Difficult to judge as sometimes it depends on weather or other factors like if you want to get involved with the Epiphany parades - El Día de los Reyes (The Day of the Kings) ? I think the ones in Seville are well organised. Obviously more going on in Seville but even dear Cadiz city is lovely during this time of year. And sightseeing in Arcos de la Frontera is close to Jerez and easily reached by bus.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
921 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville or Jerez

All these places are lovely but there is more to see and do in Seville than in Jerez and Cádiz put together. Also, if you want to visit Córdoba it is easily reached by train from Seville.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,903 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville or Jerez

Seville would get my vote.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville or Jerez

as said, it depends on what you want. jerez is about 6 or 7 times smaller than seville, so it will have objetively less things to do, less bars, restaurants, etc. Also seville is better served in term of public transportation for daytrips.

nevertheless, both are great places to spend a week and discover the towns around. From jerez it is easy to discover cadiz province and the white villages. From seville you have access to those as well (tho a bit further away) and also to carmona, cordoba or italica as daytrips.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seville or Jerez

luv:

There is much more to see in Seville than Jerez. Compare the top questions in each of their forums.

6. Re: Seville or Jerez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:17