We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
detroit, mich
Level Contributor
96 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

There are 5 of us and we do not want to do the 7 hour bus ride. We would like to arrange a private van to take us from Seville to Lisbon. Rental car is out because of drop fees (like $ 700). Can the local experts help? We are leaving night of 10/16 for Amsterdam /Madrid. Arrive Seville 19th and want to get transportation on the 22nd- thanks.,

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

5 is a difficult number. The only thing I can thing about below 600 euros is a sharing car scheme like blablacar , but probably you'll need 2 of them.

check also flights, you might get lucky with TAP or even with Iberia via Madrid.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,857 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

I suspect that the cost of a private van from Seville to Lisbon might be at least €600, roughly $815 Faro to Lisbon is €320 with a known company and around 3 hours drive. Seville is 2 hours further away.

I had a quick look. This lot http://www.ziptransfers.com/airport/sevilla quoted €674.

Driving time, without stopping, would be around 5 hours.

Air fare, direct flight with TAP, is about €220 each, expensive so close to departure, so I guess that's out.

A 7 hour bus ride for €39 does begin to look better. That does include a stop on the way.

Good luck.

Edited: 15 October 2013, 07:56
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,674 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

Cubsur

How about getting a van in Seville to take you to Faro where you can take a train ? Train takes 3 hours I believe and maybe costs €30 each. Then transfer from Seville may be at a guess €250 using a Portuguese driver sent from Faro or somewhere?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,857 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

Sounds a good idea as a possible compromise, trains being generally being more comfortable than buses.

There are trains from Faro to Lisbon five times each day. Trains take about 3 hours costing €21,20 or €22,20 second class depending on which train. Departures daily at 0700, 0946, 1341, 1505, 1755

Seville to Faro would be about 2 hours in a van.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,857 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

Sorry, cannot read. The last train from Faro to Lisbon is at 1735.

alabama
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

I am interested in what arrangements you came up with. In December I would like to go from Seville to Lisbon with four others, so please let me know what worked. Thank you.

7. Re: Arranging a private van for Seville to Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:21