We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Triana ceramics and artist

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Triana ceramics and artist

Where are the place places in Triana to find ceramics/shops or work shops and budding artist?

Thanks

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,153 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Triana ceramics and artist

If you cross the river on the Elizabeth II bridge and walk two blocks straight ahead you will come to several shops on the left. Then, farther on, there are several more off to the right.

Pjk

Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Triana ceramics and artist

I am searching for pottery from FEZ Morocco in the area of Triana. Is this possible?

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Triana ceramics and artist

Do you mean ceramics actually from Fez, or in the same style?

If it is the first, then I think it highly unlikely. The ceramic shops in Triana are largely selling their own creations and those of local artesans. If it is the second, then quite possibly yes.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Triana ceramics and artist

@littlerussell I spend six weeks a year in the province of Cádiz and regularly visit Sevilla for a daytrip. Last October we spent our Sevilla day exploring El Parque de Maria Luisa and Plaza de España. This year I want to visit Triana. I have had a look on google maps walking the little yellow man around and so far am uninspired although I have seen photos taken by friends where the potteries look amazing. Can you give me a note of the streets where the ceramic workshops/shops are located so I can plan my Sevilla day.

At this rate it will take me years to see Sevilla.

Saludos. Lindsay

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Triana ceramics and artist

@campsieclyde: ceramics shops

Calle Antillano Campos --> Ceramica Triana

Calle Alfareria you will find several shops and houses with ceramics (Alfareria means pottery, so perfect street name :))

Also the 4 main streets of triana are Calle Betis along the river, Calle Castilla parallel to it, Calle San Jacinto that gets you to Triana bridge (and where you'll find a nice food market and the remains of the Saint George Castle (and old Inquisition Worldwide headquarters) and last but not least Calle Pages del Corro. If you walk those 4 streets you will be able to see many nicely decorated houses with traditional Triana ceramics. In San Jacinto there are also several ceramic shops.

The Santa Ana church is also worth a visit, both for the church itselft and the ceramic works in its facade

Edited: 16 December 2013, 12:28
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Triana ceramics and artist

and also this other thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187443-i284-k7043…

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Triana ceramics and artist

Thank you. Will copy and paste all of this into the document I carry about with me entitled "Day Trips from Olvera". I walked the little google man along C/- Betis and I also found La Iglesia de Santa Ana. Thought I would do like last year and take the car as far as the metro station at Condequinto then take the metro to Puerta de Jerez and walk across el Puente de San Telmo, cut onto C/- Betis from where I can look back across the river to Torre del Oro.

Last year we visited Sevilla on a Sunday so there was plenty of parking available at Condequinto, not sure if parking will be so easy on a weekday or perhaps a Saturday would be a better option.

Muchisimas gracias y feliz navidad.

Lindsay

8. Re: Triana ceramics and artist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:18