We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Level Contributor
570 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

We'll be in Seville for 3 days and I'm sure we'll try many good Spanish restaurants and Tapas bars. But based on past experience, I suspect they'll occasionally be times when we'll long for American style restaurants - simple basic American food, American menus, and ideally even American meal hours (American restaurants are basically open from about 11 AM till 10 PM). Maybe something like a pizza hut or a Chili's. I'll bet I'd even be open to fast food like McDonalds or KFC. THey don't even neccessarily have to be these American chains I just mentioned, they were just the only examples I could think of. (and it's hard to give examples because I don't actually eat at many chain restaurants here in America!)

Any idea if or where we can find American restaurants?

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

Was in Sevilla on Sunday and ate in La Raza on Av Isabel la Católica just a stones throw from Plaza de España. Your question really worries me, why would you want to eat "simple, basic American food" when you can have the choice of some of the most amazing cheese, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables and not to mention pastries and ice cream. You will most definitely find McDonalds if you are desperate.

Saludos. Lindsay

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,931 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

The main restaurant meal time of the day in Spain is Lunch time, dinner is served after 9.00pm and in between snack on Tapas.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,665 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

Phishkabob:

There are many McDonalds in Seville. However one of the joys of travelling in Spain is trying the food. About 30% of our tourists come just to eat.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187443-c92616/Sevill…

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

Texas Lone Star in Calle Placentines, 25 (close to the Cathedral) is a safe bet of tex-mex and american food (and decor) Very close to it you can also find New York slice of pizza, a small take away NYC pizza place. Some other (mostly chains like tgi's fridays or foster's hollywood can be found here: http://sevilla.salir.com/restaurantes-cocina_americana)

Also there are quite a number of fast food chains like KFC, BK, McD, Dunkin Donuts, etc.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,931 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

Mass tourism has a lot to answer for !!

Sevilla
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

Well said Nurioopta.

Detroit
Level Contributor
570 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

Thanks all. And CampsieClyde, don't worry. I'm sure we'll be eating many Spanish meals. I'm just trying to be prepared for an occasional homesick for American food craving. Actually I suspect I'll miss the times that American restaurants are open (always) more than the food itself!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

do not worry about the lack of food, there will be plenty at any time. Herebelow a schedule of food habits in restaurants and bars and shops in seville according to time of the day (or night)

- From 7am to midday or so: breakfast time, you can find plenty of bars and coffeeshops that will serve you andalusian breakfast (toasts, coffee, churros, pastry, etc), and some other things like muffins, pies, salty breakfast, etc.

- From midday to 3pm: tapas time. In bars mostly, you can eat tapas.

- From 1pm to 4pm: you can eat lunch (main meal of the day) in restaurants

- From 3pm to 7pm: you can have merienda (kind of tea time) in any pastry shop or coffeeshop.

- From 6pm to midnight: you can have tapas in any bar.

- From 8pm to over midnight: you can have dinner in a restaurant

There will also be coffeeshops/shops/bars/restaurants selling sandwiches (hot/cold) and other fast food stuff (like 100 montaditos, el papelon, la sureña, etc) basically from 11am to 1am)

At night (1am to 7am) there will be some kebab shops and sandwich shops open.

Other than that, supermarkets and other convenience stores will be open all day and some all night.

As for American food, other than McDonalds and BK (which are pretty much like in the US, with the exception that they do serve beer), all the other restaurants will pretty much accomodate to spanish time standards, and the food will not be the same as in the US (smaller quantities, more expensive, different flavors). There is not much American inmigration in Seville so it is difficult to get authentic american cuisine.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

???

10. Re: Need advice on American or American style restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:18