We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food in sevilla

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
food in sevilla

i could swear i asked this already BUT i cannot find it so here goes again. arriving on sevilla around 4:30 on saturday 11/29. after the flight from the US and the train ride from madrid, we are thinking of checking into our hotel walking around for a bit and grabbing some tapas. we are staying at the alfanso. any recommendations nearby? i am just staring my research but would appreciate suggestions. any places not to be missed? we are in sevilla for 3 nights and then off to Madrid for 5.

thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,218 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food in sevilla

Where is the alfanso ?

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: food in sevilla

Take a look at these three blogs written by an American visitor to Sevilla earlier this year. I love Sevilla and found these very good reading.

…blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/seville-spain-day-1.…

…blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/seville-spain-day-2.…

…blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/seville-spain-day-3.…

Saludos. Lindsay

Mentioned in this post
Sevilla
Sevilla
1 Review
Seville, Spain
Lochwinnoch, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food in sevilla

Head for the cathedral, turn right and you will be in tapas area. There is quite a few, so only have one tapas in eCh bar. My favourite was the one where they write what you have had on the bar top and add it up when you are finished

Enjoy Seville it is a beautiful city and the people are rally friendly

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food in sevilla

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187443-c92616/Sevill…

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food in sevilla

problem is timing is not on your side. If you arrive at 4:30 to the train station, and then you need to go to Alfonso XIII, being optimistic you can be out and about at 5pm or later. And your options of finding a tapas bar at that time are not that big, as they will start opening at 7pm or so.

5pm is merienda time, so coffee and pastries are easily found. Also there will be some restaurants/fast-food bars open. If you walk from Alfonso XIII in Calle San Fernando you have 100 montaditos chain (in front of the university main gate), and in Avenida de la Constitucion plenty of other restaurants/chains (el papelon, cafe de indias, etc)

A truly exceptional restaurant is Egaña-Oriza at the beginning of Calle San Fernando (less than 5 min from your hotel), for a special dinner. Although you can ask the hotel people for recommendations.

as for things to do in 3 days: take a look at the right hand side top questions. With 3 days I wouldnt recommend any daytrip as you barely have the time for the main sights in the city. I would try to see at least: Casa de Pilatos, Hospital de los Venerables, Cathedral (and Giralda tower), Alcazar, Maria Luisa Park, Plaza de España, San Salvador Church, Metropol Parasol, Barrio Santa Cruz, Maestranza bullring, a walk at the main building of the University (which is 2 mins away from your hotel), a walk in Triana and squeeze in a Flamenco show. Most (if not all) can be done by foot from your hotel. I would also include Alfonso XIII hotel itself as part of your main sights list, truly remarkable building

Edited: 11 November 2013, 12:05
Mentioned in this post
Barrio Santa Cruz
Barrio Santa Cruz
7,298 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Triana
Triana
3,241 Reviews
Seville, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,218 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food in sevilla

I believe that there is an Alfonso hotel on Calle Ximénez de Enciso which is the pedestrian alley leading to several good places to eat along Calle Mateos Gago and in fact one place that is open for sure that serves drinks and tapas and for me is like heaven at any time of day or night is Las Columnas bar or Bodega Santa Cruz on corner of Rodrigo Caro street

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food in sevilla

sorry…the hotel is the Alfonso XIII. we will have to see how tired we are. we may be able to hold out til 7 and walk around a bit. thanks for all the advice!

Edited: 18 November 2013, 00:32
8. Re: food in sevilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 05:16