We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week of afternoons and evenings

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
A week of afternoons and evenings

Hello to all:

I will be in Seville in mid-December for a week of business meetings, which will take all morning Monday thru Friday. I will have afternoons and evenings on my own, and would like to be able to enjoy the city.

Truth is, I don't care much for churches, although I'll take a look at the Cathedral and Giralda Tower. Are there other worthy attractions?

And, food wise, I'm just not a fan of tapas or gourmet foods either. I'd love to have a couple of Italian meals. Beyond that, I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I'll be staying at the Melia Colon, and would prefer to stay within walking distance -- but I enjoy walking and wouldn't mind walking a mile or two for a good meal in a safe neighborhood.

Many thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week of afternoons and evenings

these are the sights I saw in 3 days in Seville:

Plaza Espana and Parque Maria Luisa - a morning

A walk around Santa Cruz including lunch then Casa de Polites - I arrived just after 4pm and was told there was a tour of the upstairs at 5pm. I didn't expect I would stay till 5pm but I easily did looking around downstairs (the audio is great) and then was really happy to have stumbled on the tour.

River cruise (1 hour) and the Golden Tower (inc Maritime Museum) - a morning including walking around a bit

Alcazar including its garden. - an afternoon from 2.30pm

Cathedral and Giralda - a morning (the Cathedral doesn't open till 11am)

Espacio Metropol Parasol - we went upstairs to the walkway ABOVE the construction; and also there is the very interesting archeology museum underneath in the lowest level ....both at Plaza de la Encarnación - 2 hours including lunch - could have been more.

All within walking distance from where we were staying which was near the Metropol Parasol (tho' the cobbles did get to me one day!!)

Hope this is helpful.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,771 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A week of afternoons and evenings

Canada:

Your hotel location is excellent. You can walk to Calle Sierpes, the main shopping street in the city.

Besides the Cathedral, be sure to see the Church of El Salvador and the Church of Santa Maria Magdalena. You will get a free ticket to the Church of El Salvador when you buy your ticket to the Cathedral. The Church of Santa Maria Magdalena is free.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A week of afternoons and evenings

There are so many places to see that I'm sure your afternoons and evenings will be nicely filled!

I absolutely agree about the Plaza de Espana and Maria Luisa park....definitely the walkways of the Metropol Parasol.....the old part of the city....the gardens; the river; Triana area over the river.....the list goes on! I also really enjoyed the Palacio de la Condesa de Lebrija. Fabulous Roman mosaics and antiquities, on the ground floor.

Don't miss out on ice-cream, no matter what time of the year! Try the tapas, even if you reckon you aren't so keen - or, if not, there are many, many eateries dotted around the city. As Benny mentioned, you are near the shopping streets, so have a wander around there and enjoy the Christmas decorations.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A week of afternoons and evenings

I would add Metropol Parasol to your list, you can go to the top of it at sunset and enjoy the views. I would also consider visiting the Alcazar if time allows. Other than that, Seville city center is perfect for afternoon/evening strolls, and in mid december there will be xmas lights in the streets so even nicer.

as for your dinners, there are many restaurants in and around Alameda de Hercules square, maybe a 10 mins walk from your hotel. Including my fav Italian of the city, Al Solito Posto.

Seville city center neighborhoods are safe day and night to walk around.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,189 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A week of afternoons and evenings

You can take a guided tour of the bullring ---> tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187443-i284-k6881…

Pjk

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,735 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A week of afternoons and evenings

I love Museo de Bellas Artes and a bullring tour but most of all the whole old part of Seville is a must see in itself. The best way is to walk around, get lost, and stop for tapas and drinks, often.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,189 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A week of afternoons and evenings

I particularly liked walking around the Triana section, looking in the tile shops and stopping for a drink or lunch.

Pjk

8. Re: A week of afternoons and evenings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:16