We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

We are planning to fly from Barcelona to Seville and then head over to the train station to take the train to Cordoba.

After we arrive, get our bags, etc, what is the best way to travel from the airport to the train station and how much time should we allow?

Given that there are a number of trains to Cordoba in the day, I will also add some additional time in case our flight is delayed, etc.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

There's a bus about every 20 minutes, number EA1, direct to the station. It takes about 20 minutes depending on traffic.

Otherwise it's a taxi.

Take a look across to the right under 'Top Questions' where all is explained.

Edited: 13 January 2014, 18:53
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

The link for getting from the airport is here

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187443-s301/Seville:…

The airport bus will proceed down Avenida de Kansas City and at the end near the station is a stop on the road side. People normally alight here and it could be the 2nd or 3rd stop after the airport. You then have to walk up the short distance to the station. Sorry to be vague but if you look on Google maps you can see there is a roundabout near the station and the stop is just before that. If for some reason you miss it the bus just goes around to the left and you can alight then.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

Perfect! Thank you for the info and links.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

Sorry, I've thought of one more question. I would save money buying my train ticket in advance so I was going to buy the ticket but leave enough time in case we experience any delays, issues.

If we don’t experience delays with the flight from Barcelona, time in the airport, traffic, etc. and we arrive at the train station earlier than planned, could we board and earlier train to Cordoba than what our ticket is for? (assuming there are seats available on an earlier train) I am wondering if they allow this if we purchase a discounted basic train ticket?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

With those discounted fare tickets I think you would not be able to change for an earlier train without some "discussion" about the difference in the fare and so forth. Look at explanations on

renfe.com/EN/…billete_promo.html

renfe.com/EN/…billete_promoplus.html

You can try at Santa Justa but please do not expect a happy result. At the Santa Justa station you do have a few places for refreshments to while away the time as well as a McDonalds !

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

Thanks again. That is what I was thought would be likely, especially if purchasing a discounted ticket.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

If you take a taxi it is either 22 euros or 25 depending on the day and time.

8. Re: Logistics of Getting from Airport to Santa Justa Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:17