We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnaval 2014 Sevilla

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Carnaval 2014 Sevilla

After reading many posts I realize that there is no real Carnaval Celebration in Sevilla. However, I would like to know if there are any Carnaval events this year on Feb 28th (Andalucia Day) or on Sat March 1st in any of the smaller towns and villages around Sevilla, such as Carmona, Utrera, or anywhere within an hour or so drive of Sevilla.. I understand that the big festivities are in Cadiz, but I'm looking for more of a village-like and local celebration, not tourist oriented. Something smaller and more accesible than Cadiz. Thanks in advance.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnaval 2014 Sevilla

I remember seeing a carnaval in La Algaba. That's just near Seville and it was in February two years ago. Cadiz would be much more spectacular though!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnaval 2014 Sevilla

the closest you get to cadiz province, the more chance you get to a nice carnaval party. Lebrija or Trebujena could be good compromises. But frankly I wold head to cadiz, it is not that big and it is pretty local

Sevilla
Level Contributor
895 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnaval 2014 Sevilla

The Cádiz carnival is for everybody, locals and tourists alike. Well worth seeing.

midwest
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnaval 2014 Sevilla

With everyone's encouragement here, I'm going to try to make it to Cadiz after all. Thanks.

5. Re: Carnaval 2014 Sevilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 05:19