We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mid-thirties, affordable place to stay in Seville??

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
mid-thirties, affordable place to stay in Seville??

Hello all,

I am a single female in my mid-thirties. Can you recommend any cheaper accomodations in safe areas of town. I was thinking of getting a studio on air b and b but not sure? At this point of my trip I am thinking I may be a little lonely and would like to meet other people. I don't want to be with partying college kids though. Any advice? What part of the city do you recommend I stay in that is close to all the sites? Thanks so much!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,740 posts
3,569 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mid-thirties, affordable place to stay in Seville??

Amy:

The Arenal is the area around the bull ring and is a good area, very safe, and walkable to most sights. You can also look at the Santa Cruz Barrio.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mid-thirties, affordable place to stay in Seville??

Santa Cruz barrio gets another vote.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,184 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mid-thirties, affordable place to stay in Seville??

Barrio Santa Cruz is a normally busy bustling place with many foreigners and there are places to stay at all prices. One time I used a simple hotel called Hotel Murillo and it is fairly central in this Barrio and you could look at reviews? Have also stayed in Arenal which I feel is more popular with Spanish speakers but may be wrong as it borders the bullring Maestranza and has some bars that are popular with locals.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mid-thirties, affordable place to stay in Seville??

as for safety, the whole of the city center is safe to walk day and night.

as for meeting other people, a good way could be to join a tour guide group around seville, or to join an activity like tapas crawl or cooking. Also an option is staying using airbnb in a private room but inside a house with locals, or contact couchsurfing or expat seville groups to see if they have some wine tasting or something organised for the days you are there.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: mid-thirties, affordable place to stay in Seville??

Thanks! So helpful.

6. Re: mid-thirties, affordable place to stay in Seville??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:19