We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seats for Semana Santa on Palm Sunday?

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seats for Semana Santa on Palm Sunday?

Hi,

Going to be in Seville for a few days. Supposed to leave on Palm Sunday but now that I've learned about the Semana Santa I would really like to stay and watch the procession. Can anyone tell me where the procession is on that day? And how to get seats? Short on time and would rather spend the money ensuring a view than jostle in the crowds!

thanks,

Chuck

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seats for Semana Santa on Palm Sunday?

you can only buy seats for the whole week, and they cost from 100 to 600 euros. Seats are before and after the Cathedral, so Plaza Nueva, Avenida de la Constitucion, Plaza Virgen de los Reyes, Plaza del Triunfo, etc.

Most days (including Sunday) processions will start around 3pm until 1am aproximately.

I would not recommend buying a seat, as it would be quite boring and a waste of money (for just one day). There are several cellphone applications (type "Semana Santa Sevilla") that you can download and they will tell you which brotherhood is where at what time, so you can follow them or go see them. Alternatively, you´ll get the same information if you buy a local newspaper in seville that day.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 19:09
2. Re: Seats for Semana Santa on Palm Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:20