We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best souvineers to buy

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Best souvineers to buy

Hi I'm headed to Seville, Granada, and Cordoba for 12 days at the end of this month and am wondering what are the best souvineers to buy and what are the best restaurants in these cities, also what are some hidden gems that are here. Most of the trip we will be in seville.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,571 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best souvineers to buy

abrarnajjar:

For souvenirs:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c130845/Madri…

Check the top questions in the forum of each city for good restaurants.

A hidden gem in Granada is the Monastery de la Cartuja. It is not downtown and that is why few people see it, but it is has a wonderful church. You can ask your hotel downtown how to take a bus to that place.

Winter Park...
Level Contributor
540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best souvineers to buy

We found in our last visit to Seville, that womens' scarves were quite the deal. You have to look closely to make sure they are not "hecho en chine" but the ones that were Spain made were way more reasonable than we thought.

Also found some great tiles/trivets in Cordoba, which was a nice surprise, but those were a little on the heavy side to lug around.

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best souvineers to buy

in Seville

there is an outdoor art market on Sundays outside the Fine Arts museum. You can find some smaller pieces that wouldn't be difficult to pack. I bought a small ( 5inches x 1 inch ) piece from a photographer who puts iconic Seville images (the Macarena, Triana bridge, the Parasol Metropole) in antiqued bl/wh on wood. I chose the Macarena on a piece of orangewood.

His pieces are also available at a shop in the Barrio Santa Cruz, on Ximenez de Enciso. The shop also sells all kinds of nicely packaged food items (olive oil in tins/easier to pack, pates, sweets). If a young man is on duty, he can help you in english.

And there is another similar shop selling products from the area ( also selling more alcohol and custom-made gift baskets) on a pedestrian shopping street,(not tetuan or sierpes, sorry can't remember the name right now. The street starts/ends near the back of the Cathedral). They have gift boxes of little bottles of different sherries, orange wine (but you can get that all over).

in Cordoba, I bought a small (4in x 4in) hand of fatima at a shop at a corner across from the Mezquita

in Granada, I bought a couple of bookmarks decorated with details from the Alhambra. They were very inexpensive and easy to pack and I use them to mark my place in guidebooks when planning my next trip.

Since you are staying in Seville for most of your time I would plan a few day trips.

4. Re: Best souvineers to buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:17