We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Topic
Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

I thought this would be a well covered route with a good choice of departure times but I can only find four trains per day, all with no choice of classes etc. Is this correct or am I searching incorrectly somehow?

If these MD trains really are the only ones what are they like-are there luggage racks above your head? Is there a carriage where I can buy snacks and drinks? Can I choose seats? (My other half doesn't like sitting backwards and on a 3 hour journey I want to make sure we will be sitting together.)

Thanks

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

Ok I jumped the gun a bit asking so much, my Spanish just stretches to understanding the nuestros trenos part of the renfe site so I understand a little more about the set up of the train now, but still need to know if it's possible to choose your seat when you book and if there are other trains on that route which I'm somehow missing.

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,387 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

I always use the Media Distancia train around Andalucia and they are very good. Luggage above your heads on large rack. Or if big case in the racks at end of carriage. Go for it. Choose your seats is no problem If you are going at low season then buy your tickets in Seville a couple of days ahead. Or use one of RENFE agent in UK. Like this one:

http://www.myrailtrip.co.uk/

You can always use a bus between Seville and Granada with all seats facing forward. Same time.

https://www.alsa.es/en

Take snacks and drinks with you.

Edited: 08 March 2014, 08:57
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,387 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

No other trains and no discounts if you book in advance on the Seville to Granada MD.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

Thanks, can I choose seats if I book myself on the renfe website?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,387 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

Yes

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
511 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

You can now book and pay for your Rail Tickets in Spain and throughout Europe using the following Website. The site is easy to use,you can Print your Tickets at home,its free and it's in English. If you choose the right dates and times the prices are quite reasonable. Hope this help fellow forum Users.

https://loco2.com/

Edited: 08 March 2014, 10:04
Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

Thanks everyone, still suprised that there aren't more than four trains per day on the route to be honest. First departure before 7am then nothing until noon.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

This is why I've always taken the bus from Sevilla to Granada - it runs much more frequently and takes the same amount of time. Your luggage goes in a compartment underneath and you don't have to worry about it.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

10. Re: Seville to granada trains-am I missing something?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:20