We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has inputs on whether its a good idea to visit Seville in the two weeks between Semana Santa and the Feria de Abril? I'm looking at a trip that somehow falls right in between those 2 dates (between April 27 and May 3) - is the city still active then and is there a good amount of nightlife and activity around that time or would the city be pretty dead? Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,938 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

April and May are peak months and hotels are busy all the time and you will be happy during this period. The Feria is very much a traditional Seville party with friends and families joining together for the big party. It seems to me that for those just visiting it is not a big deal however it is fun to watch the goings on and experience the horse parades and so forth. But for getting a feel on the city then between these important events is fine.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

Good to know, thanks!

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

It's the best time of the year to visit Sevilla. It'll be peak time, but you'll get nice weather, an awesome light, and not crowded areas as you would get in any of those holidays.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

gm:

Seville is the fourth largest city in Spain and is never dead. It is full of life and at night one will see hundreds of people on the street till the wee hours.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

Thanks for the replies everyone!

To the other experts in here - just one more question. We're also looking at taking a trip to Granada for the Alhambra, but seem conflicted on # of days. We wanted to divide time between Barcelona and Seville (our 2 must-sees in the 8 days we have in Spain), so wondering if it makes sense to try and just take a day trip to Granada for the Alhambra? Or is it better to do two days in Granada? Opinions from scanning the forum seem to be mixed on 1 or 2 days. Thanks!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

If you have 8 days for Barcelona and Sevilla I'd personally skip Granada versus trying to daytrip from Sevilla. It's 3 hours by bus or train one way and I wouldnt' want to spend half my day on a bus/train and the other half rushing around Granada. I'd split the time between Barcelona and Sevilla as you have just enough time for these 2 and perhaps do a daytrip to Cordoba.

7. Re: Traveling to Seville between Semana Santa and Feria de Abril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:18