We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

Hi

We are in Spain for 1 week and want to visit seville for at least 2 nights and possibly cordoba at the end/first. I know we do not need a car whilst in Seville so need somewhere to park our rental car (we are flying to Malaga so will use the car to see other places in between hopefully) . I see there are a couple of hotels on Seville outskirts that have parking but as they are 30 mins or so by bus from the centre we are wondering whether it would be better to park the car on e outskirts and stay centrally. I see lots of people recommend hotel becquerel but at £100 per night would a chaper hotel with parking elsewhere be a better option? Would t be better to see Seville at a weekend or mid week (we are in Spain thurs - thus)

Any advice gratefully accepted

Cheers

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

Kate:

There is an underground parking lot located at Puerta de Jerez. This is a very good location, close to the Cathedral and the Alcazar. You can use it if you make a day trip to Seville.

TA has a list of hotels with free parking:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187443-zfa7-Seville_…

Edited: 17 March 2014, 06:44
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

Thanks. The car parking is almost as much as the car park! I'll do some more calls on just having a car for or stay either side of Seville.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,887 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

In the centre of Seville is a reasonably priced hotel which offers parking for E. 12.65 per day. I have stayed here and found it clean and well priced but obviously depends on the period you are looking at. This is the hotel:

http://www.hotelamericasevilla.com/

and this is TA reviews

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187443-d232739…

The car park is actually an underground one reached I think quite easily from the west side of the old city but you will need to study the way closely. I use Google maps and street view as a big help.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

In 2012, we stayed in Apartamentos Murillo, opposite Hotel Murillo on Calle Lope de Rueda. This is in the Santa Cruz Barrio, a pedestrian area, 5 mins walk to Real Alcazar and the Cathedral. We were able to park in a small square to unload and load the car, about 50 metres from the hotel. There is convenient underground parking (Parking Jocaral) on Paseo de Catalina de Ribera off Avenida de Menéndez Pelayo, about 200 metres away, but the concierge directed us to a free outdoor parking area maybe 500 metres away where we just gave the "gypsy attendant" 2 euros to look after it and another 2 euros when we picked it up 2 days later.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

Hi Benny

Do you know hoe much the underground parking at Puerta de Jeez is? I assume it is a pblic car park? Are the stories aout leaving your car in seville as bad as they appear?!

We ahave looked at just getting a car for part of our trip (or having 2 split rentals either side of seville) but the cost for 3 days is more than for a week!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

Quick update on our trip. Took car to Seville ,stayed at nh central conventions and used the car park underground the hotel (about 13 euros per day) . Would stay again - about 20 mins walk to centre or just round the corner from the San Bernardo bs and tram stop.

Scotland
Level Contributor
18 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

I too am looking for a hotel with parking for one night when we drive from Portugal. Hotel Bequer is 150 euros per night in May (Sunday night) which is too expensive so will try NH Central as an option.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

I booked through lastminute.com & got a deal of about £50 per night including free wifi (worth about 13 euros). Driving in seville was very busy - this was just off a main road (although we got lost on the last bit just near the bus station - maybe it was my navigation :-) ) so it's a good option if you have a car. It's right next to the university.

The tram was 1.45euros one way & took less than 5 minutes to plaza nueva.

We loved Seville so enjoy!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

If you go on booking.com - put your dates in and search - on the left side of the page you will have options > click the facility option > then tick the parking option and you will get a list of hotels that do parking - you can go in to the details of the hotels you like and if you scroll down to near the bottom of the page it will tell you what the hotel parking facilities are and how much they charge. Good luck.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Place to park rental car whilst in Seville

Ps Seville is lovely any day of the week - I've found it seems to be quieter at the weekend especially Sunday - We prefer week days as we like the hussle bussle.