We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide on watching la madruga

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Guide on watching la madruga

Dear fellow travellers,

My friend and I are travelling to Seville during semana santa this year. What is the best way to watch all the processions during la madruga? Should we stay on one spot in the official route or walk around to catch different processions. Could someone advice on the plan?

And if I want to rent a chair in the official route, how can I do so? I saw people selling chairs on milanuncios.com/aficiones-en-sevilla/sillas-… I have tried to contact some of them but all in vain.

Please kindly help. We have been looking forward to this for a long time and we don't want to waste the chance. Thank you very much!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide on watching la madruga

Alex:

The best way to see the processions is to walk around. Get a procession route paper from your hotel or the tourist office on the Avenida de la Constitucion (by the Cathedral). Chairs are usually rented for the whole week and these are usually rented to natives who have rented them in previous years.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide on watching la madruga

Thank you!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,387 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide on watching la madruga

Also read this for the itineraries. I cannot find any Google map showing the routes as in previous years such as this one 2 years back:

…lainformacion.com/files/jueves_santo_madrug…

Maybe the routes will not alter.

Depending on where your accommodation is may determine best place to be and of course the timings.

There is a tourist office at Plaza de San Francisco, 19 which is off Plaza Nueva. And another close to the cathedral on the plaza.

This gives some advice about the week.

exploreseville.com/events/semana-santa.htm

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide on watching la madruga

Official timetable for 'La Madrugá' 2014:

hermandades-de-sevilla.org/images/pdf/horari…

Hermandad de las Tres Caídas (Esperanza de Triana) itinerary:

http://www.esperanza-de-triana.org/

Advice and experiences:

dangerous-business.com/2011/…

sunshineandsiestas.com/category/semana-santa/

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide on watching la madruga

Thank you everyone for the advice. I think I will walk around to try to catch the procession. Wish me good luck. By the way, I found the app iLlamador and iConfrade quite useful.

Thanks!

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide on watching la madruga

Good luck!

;)

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide on watching la madruga

http://www.semanasantaentumovil.com/

8. Re: Guide on watching la madruga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17