We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar Prices

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Bar Prices

I know this will vary from place to place but in general how much would a beer or a glass of house wine be in a tapas bar ?

perth, scotland
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar Prices

Small glasses of lager, are between 1euro and 1.50 approx . Glass of wine probably around 2 euros for house wine. This is the cheap end, but tends to be similar in most bars. Costs can rise greatly if you go to one of the scenic hotel roof terraces for example.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar Prices

thanks Spanish-tess, wow thats really cheap and much less than i thought

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,180 posts
3,579 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar Prices

lookie:

Yes, wine is inexpensive in Spain, which is one of the world's largest producer of wines.

You may want to try a fino, which is a sherry that the Sevillanos like to have before lunch.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar Prices

thanks for the advice, i will try a fino,looking forward to trying all the wines and tapas !

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar Prices

Fino sherry is very inexpensive in Seville, if you are used to the prices in the UK. The cream sherry costs a little more but I find it stronger with a nicer taste.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar Prices

thanks henneth, I will try a Fino but my tipple is dry white wine,so looking forward to a few of them!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar Prices

usually Rioja white wine is pretty dry.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar Prices

I tried the Verdejo, also a dry white, and liked it. I paid €2.50 a glass in all 3 tapas bars I went to (Eslava & La Brunilda, both very good modern tapas dishes and El Rinconcillo, the oldest tapas bar in town). Do bear in mind though that they only pour you a small measure of wine when you order a glass (I think it's 100ml or 125ml at the most). I actually love drinking beer as well whenever I'm in Spain, because it's always perfectly chilled and refreshing and doesn't quite knock you out so much as wine does, especially when it's hot. ;-)

9. Re: Bar Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:16