We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

Hi, I am a female traveller, looking for advise on where to stay in Seville, somewhere central and safe with a good atmosphere around the area.

e.g. I stayed in a hotel right on Las Ramblas in Barcelona

I like staying very central in a city, or near a busy area with cafes & bars, street markets etc so I can enjoy the cafes and people watch, or walk around late in the evening and enjoy the atmosphere. Then I can easily walk back to my hotel, on busy streets and not have to worry about getting buses or trains outside of the city. I am thinking Santa Cruz area but all advise welcome. Thanks

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
530 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

Dee

I always stay at the Hosteria de Dona Lina ,Gloria 7 in the heart of Santa Cruz. This is a small very basic and cheap hotel in the heart of Seville.It is spotless clean and great for sightseeing and a stones throw from the Cathedral and the Real Alcazar.It is not a 5 star (there`s no telly in the rooms!!) etc. but for slap bang in the old heart of Seville you can`t beat it. Can be a bit hard to find at first cause the taxi cannot get to it because of the narrow streets but just get to Calle Mateos Gago in front of the Cathedral and your almost there.

Enjoy Seville ,one of the most beautiful city`s in Spain

Edited: 08 June 2014, 12:55
Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

Thank you. Great to get personal feedback!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,567 posts
3,723 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

Dee:

I always stay at the Hotel Becquer in the Arenal neighborhood, walkable to most sights.

4. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 15:53
New York
Level Contributor
860 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

I stayed at the Hotel Amadeus very centrally located in Barrio Santa Cruz a few years go twice and was very happy. Check out the recent comments though since it has been a while.

Ciao

Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

Thanks for your help

London, UK
Level Contributor
300 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

I stayed in Triana last month and loved it. As a solo female traveler I felt safe walking around Triana late in the evenings as it doesn't have much of those quiet, tiny desolate streets that you can get in other areas of Seville.

Letterkenny, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

Hi Lone female traveller, where did you end up staying in Seville ? and do you have any tips for another female lone traveller to this area ?

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

As another solo female traveler I would suggest that you stay in Barrio Santa Cruz. You'll be in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the major sights and everything that the OP mentioned in her post. When I was there 3 months ago, I stayed at Dona Manuela Casa Modesto which is right at the edge of the Barrio, and it had all the amenities I needed. I found Seville to be perfectly safe and had no concerns about walking around at night.

I didn't go across the river/channel to Triana, so can't offer any advice, only that you'll be further away from the main attractions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lone Female traveller looking to stay central

I've stayed at the Hotel Derby at Plaza del Duque de la Victoria before which is a good option if you're on a budget. I've also stayed on the lively Alameda de Hercules (lots of bars and eateries there) but I found it a little too noisy.