We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Trip to Seville thru Madrid in Oct 2014

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Our Trip to Seville thru Madrid in Oct 2014

My husband and I are returning to Spain for 8 nights in Oct 2014. We have already spent time in Barcelona and Madrid, back in 2009. Now we are planning a trip to Seville for either 5 or 6 nights, arriving via train from Madrid. We are wondering whether we should hop on the train after our very first night in Madrid, so that we have 6 nights in SevilleM, or whether we should stay in Madrid and kick around for 2 nights, before heading down to Seville for only 5 overnights, there. Is there enough to keep us busy for 6 days and nights in Seville? We are into sightseeing, good food, historical sights and outdoor spaces/parks/beaches. Thank you for your advice.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,054 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Trip to Seville thru Madrid in Oct 2014

You can visit from Seville, Ronda www.turismoderonda.es by bus www.samar.es

Cadiz www.andalucia.com/cities/cadiz.htm by train www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros./index.html

You could break your journey Madrid to Seville at Cordoba, there is luggage storage at the station.

Outside the train station take a bus or Taxi to the old town and The Mezquita www.catedraldecordoba.es/visita/index.html You will have to pay for two train sectors.

www.sevillaonline.es

Edited: 09 June 2014, 09:23
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,218 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Trip to Seville thru Madrid in Oct 2014

I wonder if you want to or are able to book an air ticket via Madrid to Seville?

The train is most people's choice and Atocha station is well linked with the airport (now renamed Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport or MAD for short) so you could take a taxi for the flat fee of €30 and take the next train? The Spanish rail people are encouraging more travellers by offering discounted tickets if you book in advance but if you want flexibility then turn up and buy the full fare. I have a Seniors card which costs €6 and lasts a year but instantly affords a good discount on a train journey. Useful if over 60.

The idea of a base or apartment in Seville makes a lot of sense. Try to stay somewhere which is convenient for Santa Justa station as the mainline trains will use this.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Trip to Seville thru Madrid in Oct 2014

there is enough to see in seville and around for 6 or more nights. Take a look at the right hand side column top questions for things to do in Seville and possible daytrips

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Trip to Seville thru Madrid in Oct 2014

Stacey:

I would stay in Seville 3 days and also see Granada for 3 days.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

5. Re: Our Trip to Seville thru Madrid in Oct 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16