We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in Seville alcohol free

boston ma
Level Contributor
40 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling in Seville alcohol free

We understand the tapas bars are a big draw for the people visiting Seville and that when you order a drink, you are treated to the tapas but any ideas, suggestions or solutions for us non-drinkers? Also, looking to rent an apartment in a quiet central area of Seville. What are the best and closest areas we should be looking into? Many thanks for any assistance:)

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling in Seville alcohol free

Sophia:

You can order cerveza sin alcohol (non-alcoholic beer).

The best areas to stay are El Arenal and Barrio Santa Cruz.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling in Seville alcohol free

I almost always have soft drinks - and still get the tapas with whatever I am drinking!

Given that a soft drink is usually at least the same price as a beer etc, I'm sure there won't be a problem.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling in Seville alcohol free

in Seville you don't get tapas for free when ordering a drink. Tapas need to be ordered apart and are paid apart. So basically you can order any combination of non-alcoholic drink + 1 or more tapas, and you will pay for each item separately.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,218 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling in Seville alcohol free

Yes in Seville it is rare to be given a nice extra tasty titbit of specially prepared food with a drink. I think this is more the custom of Granada. Of course you may get olives as these are often served in establishments when you order a drink.for free. Think the best way of deciding on this tapas thing is to go to places that serve some good eats and just pay for them ! This is what I do in Seville. Not sure if this page is still up to date:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187443-c102428/Sev…

boston ma
Level Contributor
40 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling in Seville alcohol free

Thank you all for your help!! I never intended to try to get the tapas for free, I just didnt want to offend the restaurant/tapas bar by ordering a "cheaper" drink. Here in the US, we sometimes get dirty looks if we don't order wine or drinks with dinner as the tip is based on the total bill. We are always happy to even overtip especially when a waiter or waitress doesnt make a face when we order a coke!

Thank you again! Every piece of advice helps:)

6. Re: Traveling in Seville alcohol free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16