We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Bus Stops

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Bus Stops

I wonder if anyone can tell me if the airport bus has the stops displayed on one of those LED screens....so we know where to get off...!!

London, UK
Level Contributor
300 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Bus Stops

It does indeed and it comes over a speaker although it is not very loud.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Bus Stops

Thank you for the info, good to know.

We're now looking into a taxi transfer as the Guesthouse we're staying at have said they'll arrange it. Our flight gets in at 9pm and not sure we fancy bus and metro at that time of night!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,774 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Bus Stops

Seeing another message read that you are at Hostal San Vicente ll .

If you wanted to use the airport bus costing €4 then it would be fine. As you exit from the airport doors the bus pulls in to your left. The stop that you would need is called Luis de Morales (Nervión Plaza). So it is on the street called Luis de Morales in front of the large shopping complex called Nervion Plaza. Another landmark is the Novotel Hotel and this is where you need to head to. and continue past it walking down Eduardo Dato street for 500 metres until you get to your street and it is a few metres up on the left. All this can be visualized on Google maps and street view.

You arrive at 9pm which is regarded as not late in Seville in summer. This is the sort of time when locals may venture out for dinner at a restaurant or bar. The airport buses run about every 20 minutes then. You pay for the ticket to the attendant at the bus queue or direct to the driver..

Clearly the option of taking a taxi from the airport at around €25 flat fare or making use of an offered taxi is your choice. However the airport bus option is certainly doable.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Bus Stops

Thanks for the details, I am still deciding really, but I do like to make an informed decision.

I'm happy to do the bus, but I am travelling with my Mum.

London, UK
Level Contributor
300 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Bus Stops

As a general rule, I prefer to arrange a pickup if I am arriving in a city, late at night that I am not familiar with. Remember that you still need to find your accommodation once you leave the airport bus. This could use up quality time whereas a pick up driver will take you to your door safely, you can check in and go out for dinner. I have been to many destinations and have arrived on budget airlines very late but I am happy taking public transport if i know the area well. Spend the money and arrive stress free.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Bus Stops

buses, metro and streets in seville are perfectly safe at 9pm or any other time. This is not london, nothing to worry about.

Kusadası, Izmir...
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Bus Stops

Yea,sure !,there are parts of Sevilla where I would not stop in a car with my window open for a red light!!!! Come to think of it,there are parts where I prefere NOT to stop for a red light!!

Edited: 14 July 2014, 13:18
London, UK
Level Contributor
300 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Bus Stops

Every city will have its share of beggars and thieves. To assume that Seville is immune to this is reaching, to assume that crime only happens in London is reaching further. Google petty crime in Seville and you will read of stories of many unfortunate travelers. Back to my point, when I used the term 'safely' in my earlier post, I was saying that if the hotel are arranging it then it takes the stress out of getting from the airport to the hotel, she should use it. I was not suggesting that Seville is a war zone. It is a beautiful city but I tell EVERY traveler, apply the same streetwise rules that you live by in your own country and you will be fine. Please don't walk around the streets late at night, oblivious of your surroundings because someone on a travel site said its fine.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 19:28
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Bus Stops

I'm sorry I took it the wrong way. my apologies. I agree with everything you say.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Bus Stops

Hello All

I appreciate your many, and valid opinions on this point. I like to think I'm canny and streetwise, and know how to keep myself safe. I have in my travels past, been dropped off downtown LA (we missed our stop) with my travelling chum (2 white girls with big back packs) and survived to get to LAX. We got mugged after a night at the theatre in Boston, only my friends bag was taken.

At this stage I'm happy to do either, and if only for comfort and stress free travel, the taxi has real appeal. Having said that I would be happy to travel by bus.

I do quite like the idea of getting to the hostel by taxi and getting out pronto to find a good restaurant nearby...!! Know any...?!

Thanks all.