We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Seville hotel?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
531 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Which Seville hotel?

I posted this at the end of my earlier thread, but I thought I'd post this separately, so please forgive me if you've seen this already!

I'm considering using AA miles for my stay in Seville; we have a limited number of miles, so the options are few. I've narrowed the choices to:

-Petit Palace Santa Cruz

-Hotel Monte Triana

I would have to pay something toward the first hotel, but have more than enough for Monte Triana.

I prefer the location for the Petit Palace, though the Monte Triana gets excellent reviews on TripAdvisor.

I'm still looking at apartments, but would love to be able to use my miles for this stay, if possible.

Any thoughts, one way or another?

Thanks,

Paule

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
531 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Seville hotel?

And I also found this hotel: Hotel Fernando III.

What do you think of any of these?

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Seville hotel?

i can only comment on location. both petit palace santa cruz and fernando iii are in the same street. Old jewish quarter with easy access to cathedral/alcazar area and maria luisa park. Lovely square Santa Maria la Blanca 2 mins away.

Monte Triana is in Triana neighborhood, about 10 mins walk to San Jacinto and Calle Betis in Triana and about 20-40 mins to the city center (depending on where you want to go) but closer to Alameda de Hercules and in general the north part of the city center (Macarena area, etc)

both areas are equally safe and nice. I would stay in santa cruz area if it is your first time and you are not staying for long (3 or less day) because you will be in the middle of things. otherwise if you like less touristy feeling or you are staying for more days, i would choose the one in triana.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
531 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Seville hotel?

Many thanks, myscreen. I definitely prefer the idea of staying in Santa Cruz.

Still debating the apt vs. hotel thing, but if anyone has any thoughts about the 2 hotels, l'm still interested in hearing them!

Paule

4. Re: Which Seville hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:15