We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free walking tours

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
865 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Free walking tours

I am considering doing some free walking tours offered in a few cities in Spain that we are visiting. There is a Feel The City tour in Seville. Can someone give me an idea of what we should pay at the end? I know it's is suppose to be what you feel it is worth but can so done give me a ballpark of what would be appropriate?

Thanks

Winter Park...
Level Contributor
540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free walking tours

For my Feel the City experience we tipped e30 for a couple. One the tour guide was very amicable and fun, two she was a history grad student, as I was I at one point in life and three, it was 3.5 hours long.

They give a good tour, but a couple things to understand is 1) there's no bathroom "break", so if you need to use the bathroom, you may have to catch up to the tour or hold everyone up and 2) they don't stop for drinks, coffee or bottled waters/sodas, so bring along something.

It's a great tour, one of the best walking tours I've been on, and really gave us an understanding of the area. We took it from the Hotel Becquer, where a group of about 15 started.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
865 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free walking tours

Thank you so much. This gives me some good advise. :)

georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Free walking tours

Where can I get information on this tour?

Boston
Level Contributor
167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free walking tours

We had good luck with Pancho Tours in Sevilla. They're on the web. They offer a few different tours each day, each starts at a different time. They leave from the Giralda fountain at 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM, and from the green tourist bus stop near Torre del Oro at 1:00 PM. Since their tour routes matched walks we wanted to do anyway, we took all three (one each day over our three day visit). Just show up, no reservation needed.

One thing I like about free walking tours is that you pay according to your means and the quality of the tour. We've been lucky and gotten good or great tour guides. I usually tip €25 to €30 euros for the two of us, but I've seen students tip as little as €2 to €5. I've also seen tourers "vanish" when it comes time to thank the guide. Our guides have all been quite gracious, never making anyone feel awkward.

We've been on such tours in Rome and Barcelona too. We also had one of the best free walking tours ever in Granada (meet at the Plaza Nueva fountain at 11:00 AM). Also had fun on Tapas crawl in Madrid when we were newbies to the tapas etiquette and could benefit from expertise (meet at the bear statue in Puerta del Sol at 8:00 PM). We enjoy meeting and talking to the guides, and often converse with others in the group, meeting people you otherwise wouldn't.

Boston
Level Contributor
167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free walking tours

I should have added that our perception is that many people tip about €10 per head. I'm not trying to look at tip time, but that's my sense. It also seems a reasonable amount for a 1 to 2 hour tour. If it's longer than that, I'd dig a little deeper. Tip amount might also vary depending on the size of the group. Most tours we've been on have about 12-15 tourers. If you end up in a small group / almost private tour, perhaps a bigger tip is in order.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free walking tours

I done the walking tour of Seville which start right my that fountain near Cathedral and it was realy nice and interested . But it took us close to 3 hours as we was givin few time break on the way .. That's what we gave 20 euros which was 10 each ..But this free tour worth every cent .. try to do it on first day to have a picture of Seville City

Edited: 31 July 2014, 16:46
San Clemente...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free walking tours

WE just returned from Spain, and went on their tour in both Sevilla and Granada. Ten euro per person in about right, 15 in nice and generous. They also offer paid evening programs. We went on an amazing Flaminco program in Sevilla, which was very worthwhile. You got a talk about the history of Flaminco, while enjoying a drink on a roof-top bar. Then they took you to the show. Amazing! The Granada tour was equally long and enjoyable. This is a great resource!

Guelph
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free walking tours

Could you provide more information about the flamenco tour please?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
251 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Free walking tours

TheSegMrs45 - could,you please provide the name of the company that offered the walking tour you took that started at the fountain by the cathedral? Thank you!

Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Free walking tours

Hello can you give me more information on your flamingo tour such as name, address, cost etc Thanks